Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    I believe Mr. Sexy Spuds bought the sly one's Mark VI.. I have never seen a Mark VI in person. I wouldn't mind owning a two door. Although I think it's time for me to move on to a 1990 Town Car or a 1991-1992 Cadillac Brougham d'Elegance or 1995-1996 Mark VIII or a 1990-1992 Mark VII or 1995 or 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, the LT1 powered variant.

Marti Reports are things you can get for Ford vehicles. Kevin Marti may do other makes but from what I remember reading, he is a Ford nut. You give him some basic info and he'll whip up some factoids about your car for you:

A licensed manufacturer of true 'reproduction' parts for vintage Ford & Mercury cars, 1960-1973. Contact us for mail order retail sales, or wholesale account information.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    Marti Report?

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    [QUOTE=DerekTheGreat;858898]Yeah and ya gotta figure that most of those Mark VI's have been crushed or have rotted away by now. Yours is now rather rare. I've never seen another Townie like mine. Black ones, sure, but not with this interior color.

My dad has an '04 Lincoln LS, didn't know they were made in Canada. His is real pretty silver, Silver Birch Metallic. It's the only silver I've seen and liked, the metal flake in it is huge compared to other silvers I've seen.

It would be interesting to know just how many Mark VI's are left. Before I came across this one I had seen one sedan with touring lights in a horrible light yellow color locally. I had also seen a green coupe parked at a local pizza shop. I never saw either again, and I don't think I've ever seen another. I remember that when I joined GMN sly had a Mark VI, and at one time sxcpotatoes had one. I honestly don't know if there are any other active members with a Mark VI anymore.
    Last edited by mercurygm88; 09-15-2021, 11:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    There is an option you can pick to try and drill it down to 1/1 or as close to it as possible. I forget what its called but if you poke around the site you'll see it. The standard report just gives you some stats. I have seen the 1/1 type reports and it gets into things like what radio was ordered. Stuff where out of 45 cars that had this paint and that engine and whatever, only THIS one had the AM/8 track option.
    For certain vehicles they offer another version of the report that's more detailed and cost a bit more. I'm pretty sure the deluxe report that I got was as high as it would let me go. When I did the report on the LSE I tried to add some option and the site said it wasn't available for that vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
    I’m not 100% sure how the reports break down. I thought it was identical cars, my dads Mustang came back as 1/6, and I’ve seen quite a few 1/1 reports on older cars. 270 isn’t a whole lot, but then again there were only about 18,000 Mark VI sedans made in 83 and only about 130,000 overall.

My LSE isn’t terribly common either. 2001-05. 04’s were Canada only and 05’s didn’t have the center console. I’d have to look the website up again and add them up but out of nearly 400,000 Grand Marquis’ built from 01-04 just over 10k had the center console. Of course mine came from the year with the highest production.
    I have as well I just dread ever having to repair them.
    Good thing our man kishy has a thread about them. That or it is contained within his '84 Town Car's thread, which he converted over to eye lids.

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    I’m not 100% sure how the reports break down. I thought it was identical cars, my dads Mustang came back as 1/6, and I’ve seen quite a few 1/1 reports on older cars. 270 isn’t a whole lot, but then again there were only about 18,000 Mark VI sedans made in 83 and only about 130,000 overall.

My LSE isn’t terribly common either. 2001-05. 04’s were Canada only and 05’s didn’t have the center console. I’d have to look the website up again and add them up but out of nearly 400,000 Grand Marquis’ built from 01-04 just over 10k had the center console. Of course mine came from the year with the highest production.
    Yeah and ya gotta figure that most of those Mark VI's have been crushed or have rotted away by now. Yours is now rather rare. I've never seen another Townie like mine. Black ones, sure, but not with this interior color.

My dad has an '04 Lincoln LS, didn't know they were made in Canada. His is real pretty silver, Silver Birch Metallic. It's the only silver I've seen and liked, the metal flake in it is huge compared to other silvers I've seen.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    There is an option you can pick to try and drill it down to 1/1 or as close to it as possible. I forget what its called but if you poke around the site you'll see it. The standard report just gives you some stats. I have seen the 1/1 type reports and it gets into things like what radio was ordered. Stuff where out of 45 cars that had this paint and that engine and whatever, only THIS one had the AM/8 track option.
    Oh, wish I had known that as I've done it.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
    Car looks great. I always preferred the Marks for the headlights.
    I have as well I just dread ever having to repair them.

Leave a comment:

• Tiggie
    replied
    Car looks great. I always preferred the Marks for the headlights.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    Nope, and they have some weird lines under there too. Saw one at a yard once without the roof and it looked like it was scalped. Yea, meant the full vinyl top, the one where the coach lamps look weird and with the weird rear window. I like them for the weird rear window. I like the opera windows. Not as cool as with the Mark V's or the two door VI's but gives it a different look.

Hmm, my car is supposedly 1/43. And I think the way Kevin does his reports, that only accounts for Interior/Exterior color combinations and trim level. Even if it does encompass everything, 270 cars isn't a whole lot.

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    Nope, and they have some weird lines under there too. Saw one at a yard once without the roof and it looked like it was scalped. Yea, meant the full vinyl top, the one where the coach lamps look weird and with the weird rear window. I like them for the weird rear window. I like the opera windows. Not as cool as with the Mark V's or the two door VI's but gives it a different look.

Hmm, my car is supposedly 1/43. And I think the way Kevin does his reports, that only accounts for Interior/Exterior color combinations and trim level. Even if it does encompass everything, 270 cars isn't a whole lot.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Wheel covers. Your car has wheel covers

Yah, probably some old guy bought it custom and was all like "I ain't dealin' with no fancy digi dash." I've seen quite a few box townies with no power passenger seat and the base interior as well as the full poverty roof. Surprised full valino wasn't an option, but I rather like the 1/2.
    Yes those are wheel covers.

Did they ever make a slick top Town Car? From what I can find all Mark VI's got some kind of vinyl top. Or by poverty roof do you mean the full vinyl top? I kind of like those personally but I'm not sure if it was available on the Mark VI. I know one for at least one model year the Bill Blass Mark VI was available without the opera windows, which I personally feel ruins the whole look. I kind of figured the same thing, someone who was afraid of anything new and fancy ordered it. Then again the Marti report says it was one of 270 cars identically optioned, but I suppose there were only so many ways to option a car and quite a few had to be identical.
    Last edited by mercurygm88; 09-14-2021, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    Wheel covers. Your car has wheel covers

Yah, probably some old guy bought it custom and was all like "I ain't dealin' with no fancy digi dash." I've seen quite a few box townies with no power passenger seat and the base interior as well as the full poverty roof. Surprised full valino wasn't an option, but I rather like the 1/2.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    "..The poverty cluster.." LoL. It is the first thing I look for when coming across a box Lincoln. WHen I was a kid, they were everywhere, thought they were standard.. Now? I hardly see them.

Car needs some lacy spokes and it would look pretty swank.
    I call it the poverty cluster because the digi dash was standard on the Mark VI and whoever ordered this car deleted it for a credit. I believe it was an option on all Town Cars except it may have been standard on Cartiers. It's a weirdly optioned base model, it has the stainless lower trim from a Signature Series, and leather which was a no cost option. Power passenger seat, which I've surprisingly seen one without. I've only seen one or two others online without autolamp I do wish the 82 and 83 cars would have kept the extra wood grain trim that was below the armrests on 80 and 81 cars but that's a minor thing. I forgot to take a pic of it but the glovebox on this one is just barely starting to sag, no cracking at all on the drivers armrest. The dash pad is perfect minus some cracking in the speaker grills.

Lacy spokes or turbines would be nice but I don't really have a huge problem with the hub caps. At least they aren't plastic.
    Last edited by mercurygm88; 09-14-2021, 11:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    "..The poverty cluster.." LoL. It is the first thing I look for when coming across a box Lincoln. WHen I was a kid, they were everywhere, thought they were standard.. Now? I hardly see them.

Car needs some lacy spokes and it would look pretty swank.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X