Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slack
    replied
    Looks fantastic and at a great price. Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
    Looks like you found a great deal.
    We were just discussing fuel sending units in another thread recently. There were lots of changes for the Lincoln's over the years, but it may not be as hard to find as it would be if you had digidash.
    The previous owner was using the trip odometer and a notebook to keep track of his fill ups and mileage, I have that info and for now am doing the same thing. Most of the driving it will see is within 20 miles of home for now so I'm not too worried about it. I have to make sure everything is kosher before I drive this thing too far. The sending unit might make a good winter project.

Leave a comment:

• VicCrownVic
    replied
    Looks like you found a great deal.
    We were just discussing fuel sending units in another thread recently. There were lots of changes for the Lincoln's over the years, but it may not be as hard to find as it would be if you had digidash.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
    That's a steal @ $1800.

How's the CFI working?
    It seems to be working just fine which I understand is kind of rare. I put about 75 miles on it today between the time I bought and got home, I stopped to show a few people. As far as I can tell it's running great. The guy who had it inherited it and didn't really want it, he's been trying to sell it for $2500 or trade for a truck. He kept pointing out little issues and I offered $1800 and he took it.
    Last edited by mercurygm88; 06-28-2021, 10:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tiggie
    replied
    That's a steal @ $1800.

How's the CFI working?

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
    Nice Lincoln. Wish you the best with it. The problems you spoke of don't seem to be major. All fixable.
    Yes it's all minor stuff and little cosmetic flaws.

Leave a comment:

• Mainemantom
    replied
    Nice Lincoln. Wish you the best with it. The problems you spoke of don't seem to be major. All fixable.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    started a topic My 1983 Continental Mark VI!

My 1983 Continental Mark VI!

I bought a Mark VI today! I've always said someday I'd own a box Town Car and I think I've one upped that with the Mark VI. It's at just a smidge over 100,000 miles and has some minor issues but nothing I can't easily fix. The only things I've found that don't work are the power antenna, it seems to be stuck down. The brake light is on and I don't know why, the brakes work just fine. The headliner is missing and I probably won't mess with that for awhile, there's a minor exhaust leak in the crossover pipe for the smog system that a buddy of mine is going to fix for me, and it needs a sending unit for the fuel gauge. I believe that will be the biggest issue as I believe they are no longer available. The car is extremely clean underneath and the only rust is two little spots on the trunk lid.

This seems to be a base model and is from what I've seen oddly optioned, no digidash, no autolamp or autodim, no auto dimming rear view mirror, but it has leather, and the stainless lower trim normally found on a Signature Series, as well as keyless entry and I actually have the code. The leather is in excellent shape, the dash pad isn't cracked but is faded in spots, and it unfortunately has an aftermarket radio but at least it has an aux port and bluetooth. It is definitely a fun and comfortable car to drive. I believe this is only the fourth Mark VI I've seen in person and the second four door. The plans for this one are to fix it up a bit and only drive it in nice weather, I have a two car garage and only one other vehicle so winter storage is a non issue. These pics do not show all the minor imperfections but overall it's a really clean car. Definitely worth the $1800 I paid to me at least.

Last edited by mercurygm88; 06-28-2021, 09:54 PM.
Working...
X