Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gadget73
    replied
    yeah its the same bushings as all the rest of the boxes.

Push the little tabs in at the corners of the glove box and flip it all the way out. Should be able to see whats going on in there at that point. I seem to remember the bulb lives right near the little button that turns it on.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
    If the switch for the door lights is the same as what I'm used to it should be adjustable. If the door itself looks lined up right, then adjusting the switch out one click might be all you need to do.
    Yeah the doors are lined up perfectly. I don’t know if these had the same striker bushings as later boxes but if so they’re all gone. None of the doors rattle but they have a little give. Could be due to the fact that they need new weather stripping.

I still can’t find a light socket in the glove box but there sure seems to be a switch. There’s some hacked up wiring under the dash and the dip stick who put the after market radio in hack installed it without a wiring harness adapter so it has constant power!

I have to pop the faceplate off to get the lights to go out, it’s aggravating when people do dumb shit like that. They also left out half the screws for the dash trim so I had to replace those.

They also mangled the tracks for the ash tray. I don’t smoke so I’m just going to wire in a cigarette lighter/usb combo so I can at least charge my phone. There’s a spot under there it should fit nicely.

It’s all little dumb shit but I like to get things fixed and done with, and it’s 80 degrees and humid here at night so it’s all aggravating me a bit more than it should.

No luck on the brake light yet. The parking brake pedal is all the way up. I haven’t looked at the wiring to the proportioning valve. Wiring and I don’t get along so well.

Leave a comment:

• VicCrownVic
    replied
    If the switch for the door lights is the same as what I'm used to it should be adjustable. If the door itself looks lined up right, then adjusting the switch out one click might be all you need to do.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    verify the parking brake is pulled all the way up too. If thats not quite right or the switch is a bit flukey it will cut in and out. Same with damaged wiring to the prop valve.

Nice ride. The four door Mark VI is not one you see too often. Also just know that 80-83 CFI is different than 84-85. EEC-III vs EEC-IV. Most of the sensors are different and rather difficult to source now.
    Good to know. I’ll check that stuff out concerning the brake light.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    verify the parking brake is pulled all the way up too. If thats not quite right or the switch is a bit flukey it will cut in and out. Same with damaged wiring to the prop valve.

Nice ride. The four door Mark VI is not one you see too often. Also just know that 80-83 CFI is different than 84-85. EEC-III vs EEC-IV. Most of the sensors are different and rather difficult to source now.

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    prop valve has a switch on it. take a look around the fender well behind drivers side tire area on the frame. It should also be tied in with the e-brake down by your left foot. there is a switch that grounds when e brake is applied.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Does anyone know what triggers the brake light in these cars? The brakes and parking brake work just fine. The door light comes on randomly too, I’ve narrowed it down to the rear drivers side door. I think the striker needs a bit of adjusting.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Nice new ride. Looks great.
    Thanks Dave.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    Indeed!

That top looks great too, no separation anywhere.
    There are a few little cracks here and there. The longest ones are about an inch. I 303 Aerospaced it as soon as I got it home.

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    Indeed!

That top looks great too, no separation anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    Nice new ride. Looks great.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
    If it's the same bulb as in my '90, it should be a 194. The bulb socket should be on the right end of the switch/latch.
    I’ll have to check that out. I also have to figure out how to get the ash tray back in. The previous owner removed it for some reason and I can’t seem to get the rails aligned right to get it back in there.

Leave a comment:

• Giraffe
    replied
    Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
    Does anyone know if the Mark Vi is supposed to have a glove box light?

There’s a plunger switch in there with wiring coming out the back but I can’t find a bulb socket unless it’s that weird little T shaped slot to the left of the plunger.

If so does anyone know the bulb number?
    If it's the same bulb as in my '90, it should be a 194. The bulb socket should be on the right end of the switch/latch.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Does anyone know if the Mark Vi is supposed to have a glove box light?

There’s a plunger switch in there with wiring coming out the back but I can’t find a bulb socket unless it’s that weird little T shaped slot to the left of the plunger.

If so does anyone know the bulb number?

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Originally posted by slack View Post
    Looks fantastic and at a great price. Congrats!
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X