Scott's 1996 Town car Executive series.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott's 1996 Town car Executive series.

Picked up this 96 town car today. 126,000 miles on it.
    It needs some work but the body is not rusted out anywhere.
    Found out it needs a filler neck seal. ordering one and will have to run some gas out of it.
    it needs front suspension work and tires.
    the abs light is on. Did not notice the piece of tape lol.
    drivers side window does not work.
    needs hvac system repairs.
    and the windshield needs to be resealed. pretty sure that is the wind noise.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CW7ARuUFbuO/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWw1PlKtWpy/Click image for larger version

Name:	1996tc1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	1305839Click image for larger version

Name:	1996tc2.jpg
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	1305840Click image for larger version

Name:	1996tc3.jpg
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	1305841Click image for larger version

Name:	1996tc1.jpg
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	1305839
    Last edited by Lincolnmania; 12-10-2021, 02:22 PM.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Those center caps always go missing on those wheels. I'd just get a set of wheels that has the normal cap. Replacement centers can be pricey, especially for the chrome 93/94 versions of that wheel.

If you can't control were the air goes it might not be the EATC control head, could be a broken heater plenum door (it controls the air flow). Which means the dash has to come out. Have that problem on my 97 still need to fix it.
    1997 Grand Marquis LS HPP
    2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

- Richard

Comment

Wow. Looks great!! Nice score!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

I like it. I've always been partial to the 1995-1997 Town Cars. I actually passed on an 80,000 mile '96 Signature Series right before I bought the Mark VI. The big reason I passed on it was that it was white and 3 of the 6 panthers I've owned have been white.
        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

Don't have instagram so I can't see pictures.

Comment

Tom, I don't have instagram but can see the pics today. I couldn't the other day.

Scott, that thing looks solid. Treat it to some undercoating. Not sure what options you have in your area, we have Krown in my area and that's what my '98 MGM gets each year.
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Nice! You can have my center caps if you'd want them. Hell, you could have my wheels if I had some to others move my car around on. I am missing one center cap. I found it at a swap meet and knew it was mine but had no way of convincing the fella lol.
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Always loved the 96-97 body, I'll pick one up someday... nice find mang!
                1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

The Aero TCs have aged quite well, I think. '96-'97 especially struck a great balance between streamlined and stately.

My biggest gripe is with the interiors. The later Aero interiors really went hard on the '90s blob look. And generally the newer the Town Car, the less special the inside feels. The seats and dash in a Whale look pretty generic in comparison to a Box.
                  1987 Lincoln Town Car - Signature, "Prudence"

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt.Hudson View Post
                    Those center caps always go missing on those wheels. I'd just get a set of wheels that has the normal cap. Replacement centers can be pricey, especially for the chrome 93/94 versions of that wheel.

If you can't control were the air goes it might not be the EATC control head, could be a broken heater plenum door (it controls the air flow). Which means the dash has to come out. Have that problem on my 97 still need to fix it.
                    I plan on buying 16" wheels in the future. Made the mistake of buying two 15" wheels too lol. they look so close to the same and i was in a hurry. either way have a never used wheel and a lightly used one as spares.
                    This car has the upgraded single piston calipers (95-97) the big brake conversion will be the easiest one ever!
                    I got till next summer to get the hvac sorted out. the heat is stuck in the hot position at least.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                      Tom, I don't have instagram but can see the pics today. I couldn't the other day.

Scott, that thing looks solid. Treat it to some undercoating. Not sure what options you have in your area, we have Krown in my area and that's what my '98 MGM gets each year.
                      I'm going to try this new stuff that pb blaster came out with. its called surface shield. Bought a spray can to try out and if I like it will get a gallon to spray. I have to get some touch up paint mixed too and touch up a few spots then buff it out and wax it.
                      I have to get the toyota ready for inspection and gets nicks wagon project moving and fix moms van before i can tear into the town cars.

Comment

Scott, I'd be curious to know if simply resetting the control head (disconnect it from power or disconnect car battery for a while) gets that ATC control head functioning properly. That's how the '97 unit in The Ice Car behaves. Gets stuck until I reset it. If resetting it works, there may be some truth to the bit I came across about the earlier units ('95-'97 maybe) having software issues, and a unit from from something newer than '97 might work.

Also, Instagram wants me to login today. Not sure why it let me see the pictures the other day but not today.
                        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
                          Nice! You can have my center caps if you'd want them. Hell, you could have my wheels if I had some to others move my car around on. I am missing one center cap. I found it at a swap meet and knew it was mine but had no way of convincing the fella lol.
                          That would be awesome. I'll take the center caps! I have 2 extra wheels already, bought them by accident, thought they were 16" lol Anyone want a new old stock michelin tire?
                          Going to have to run the 15" wheels for a while, two of the tires are decent and i need to budget this project. My automotive parts budget is 300 a month but my parts list is in the thousands lol

Comment

Scott, for those of us that don't do social media, how about posting some pics of your new ride? WagonMan
                            89 Colony Park
                            90 Colony Park
                            70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                              Scott, I'd be curious to know if simply resetting the control head (disconnect it from power or disconnect car battery for a while) gets that ATC control head functioning properly. That's how the '97 unit in The Ice Car behaves. Gets stuck until I reset it. If resetting it works, there may be some truth to the bit I came across about the earlier units ('95-'97 maybe) having software issues, and a unit from from something newer than '97 might work.

Also, Instagram wants me to login today. Not sure why it let me see the pictures the other day but not today.
                              I'll try that in a few days, trying to get the toyota out of the shop. you should see the piles of rust that I keep sweeping up lol.

I need a way to quickly put pictures on gmn. Most of the pictures are on my phone and not on my desktop. i don't use gmn on my phone much. too hard to read fine print.

Comment

Working...
                              X