Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVt Vic (The on-going project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave84
    Guest replied
    all i can say is that looks sweet,

Leave a comment:

• Blaze86Vic
    replied
    Been a while since I updated, but for now I'll just post the big one. NEW WHEELS AND TIRES!!! 17X9 on all four corners with 275/40 tires! Enjoy the pics!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 1987LTDmasta
    replied
    ahh.. then nice job.

Leave a comment:

• Blaze86Vic
    replied
    Originally posted by 1987LTDmasta View Post
    dude, i see a new alternator there.

you did all these upgrades to the battery, and no 3G? what gives, man?

that a/c bracket looks nice tho!

Nope, no new alternator. I disassembled, cleaned, and painted that alternator. Spent $11 and put new bearings in it. That's it. That alternator, for what ever reason, is capable of putting out over 130amps at 2000rpm. And I'm not guessing on that one. Using an alternator amp gauge I tested it with a dead battery, and it does put that out. So if mine does 3G level output already, and I don't have tons of electronics to run, then why bother? My connectors are all in great shape, I keep them well coated in dielectric grease. And I'm under my hood almost daily.

Leave a comment:

• 1987LTDmasta
    replied
    dude, i see a new alternator there.

you did all these upgrades to the battery, and no 3G? what gives, man?

that a/c bracket looks nice tho!

Leave a comment:

• Blaze86Vic
    replied
    Been a while since I updated this page....well I haven't really done too much.

So as a general update post;
    I have relocated my battery to the trunk. Link to write-up
    Cleaned up the corner where the battery used to be. (note: my battery used to be on driver side)
    I polished up my A/C compressor bracket and water pump pulley (was just bored)
    And just a few updated pics of the overall engine bay.

I really need to clean up that passenger side fender.....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 87vicFIVEO
    replied
    No...12 I'm afraid

Leave a comment:

• Blaze86Vic
    replied
    The blazing fast SVT Vic, in its element.... Why is it people can't go through a fucking tunnel, 2 lanes, no lane changing, no on or off ramps within 1 mile either way. 10:30am on a Friday, on my way to work from school.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Blaze86Vic
    replied
    Do you mean 120?

Leave a comment:

• 87vicFIVEO
    replied
    I've contemplated the saftey of corners at 12mph.... I have stock suspension for now

Leave a comment:

• gabegt90
    replied
    sweet pics john

Leave a comment:

• Blaze86Vic
    replied
    Novel idea, but the gauges are too small.

Leave a comment:

• Tiggie
    replied
    Would the gas gauge not working on the quad gauge really bother you? You already have one in the dash, so another one isn't gonna help anything. It'd be good to use those other three gauges for though.

Leave a comment:

• occupant
    replied
    8-86....33-240

Auto Meter sells several of those Quad Gauge things but they're mostly 5" ones, maybe one matches the 8-86...gotta search now...

Leave a comment:

• Nathan in MI
    replied
    Stock fuel sender is 8 ohms full, 86 empty, so I highly doubt it'd be usable unless you could somehow come up with a custom fuel sender.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X