any driver-in-seat controlled system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any driver-in-seat controlled system?

Well, I have that switch that goes inside the driver/passenger seat, but my car has no plugs for it so it's not a plug and play item. I wanna use it however, think it will be cool if the car knows if there is someone behind the wheel and acts accordingly. So, question is, do you guys know of a system that needs to run only when the driver is in the seat, and be shut off when car is empty? Or alternatively, must not run with passengers in the car, and be active when car is empty? Any ideas, even off the wall ones?

Ignition...The switch can be used to for a theft deterrent your weight activates the switch and you can start your car and if anybody else is in the seat.....She wont start. That work for you?

Cool Idea...You think?
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Interesting... gotta figure out how to make the thing engage at my exact weight only, that's not gonna be easy.

Comment

They're normally for seatbelt warning lamps so the light comes on if someone is in the passenger seat and not buckled up, or sometimes for airbags depending on the car.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
          They're normally for seatbelt warning lamps so the light comes on if someone is in the passenger seat and not buckled up, or sometimes for airbags depending on the car.
          Gotcha! I think I pulled this particular one from a driver seat though, but I might very well be wrong, too long ago was it.

Comment

If you were to control the ignition by your weight in the seat, then how would you get out of the car without it dying? You'd never be able to leave it running unless you were sitting in it. Just like a riding lawnmower.

Also, consider this: if you set it up to only respond to your exact weight, what if you readjust your position in the seat a little bit? Won't the car die?

Just a few thoughts. Maybe I'm not completely understanding your idea.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I hate lawnmowers with that seat kill crap. I usually disable that shit. I used to cut my uncle's grass, and his mower had both electric start and a manual backup. The starter was fried so I had to pull start it. Its a huge pain in the ass trying to pull start a motor while sitting in the seat. No idea why they did that, but the seat switch got bypassed real quick.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                I hate lawnmowers with that seat kill crap. I usually disable that shit. I used to cut my uncle's grass, and his mower had both electric start and a manual backup. The starter was fried so I had to pull start it. Its a huge pain in the ass trying to pull start a motor while sitting in the seat. No idea why they did that, but the seat switch got bypassed real quick.
                Yep, me too...I hate those.
                What's even worse is a mower I used for awhile when I was working for a guy where if you had the mowing deck running and tried to put it in reverse, it'd kill the whole tractor. I disabled that pretty quick. :devilflip:

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

It only works for starting the car I have seen a car with it and with out anyone in the seat it wont start. If the wrong person is in the seat it wont start you just have to sit into the seat to start the car once the car is started it wont die like a lawn mower it just cuts out the wires to start the car not the power from the coil ......IT WONT DIE....lol
                  YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by capridrifter
                    It only works for starting the car I have seen a car with it and with out anyone in the seat it wont start. If the wrong person is in the seat it wont start you just have to sit into the seat to start the car once the car is started it wont die like a lawn mower it just cuts out the wires to start the car not the power from the coil ......IT WONT DIE....lol
                    Exactly, thank you! And I don't adjust the seat that often, but I do have the habit of starting the car through the passenger door when I only want it to warm uop and not drive it right away, so hmm...

Comment

Working...
                    X