Fule guage not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fule guage not working

When i had my sending unit out i found that there was fule in the float, which makes sence beacuse every now and again my guage would read empty, so any way i changed the float and now i have no reading at all, wiggled the wires and still notthing, is my unit in the tank probly just junk?

Could be, jumper the fuel sending lines and see if your guage moves. If it does then your sender is shit, if not check for power, and if you have power than your guage is shit.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

If you have an ohm meter, check to see if the resistance varies if you move the sender manually.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i found out when i dropped my tank back down so i can put my new one in tomorow, that i had the float on backwords so it was wedged against the side of the tank,,thus holding it down to read Empty,, so hopefully tomorow everything goes as planned...

Comment

Working...
        X