Braum racing seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braum racing seats

Gonna be putting these in the 88. I couldn't find a nice pair of king ranch ones. Still looking for a center console

Are they comfortable, especially for longer rides?
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Bad news. They discontinued that color. Now I gotta find something similar. I was wondering the same thing. I've heard different things about comfort on racing seats. I always order the slightly wrong color with interior bits

Comment

My guess they would not be that comfortable - figuring racing seats are made for racing that doesn't last that long (usually anyway).Good standard seats almost have to feel better.
        What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Maybe check out Corbeau's seat selection, they have more comfort-oriented seats aswell. Brown_Muscle installed a pair in his Vic.
          https://corbeau.com/seats/
          1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
          1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

I was actually going to post about Corbeau. I've been impressed by them so far. Color choice might be an issue- it's possible they would custom make one with a color of your choice though if you're will to pay the $$$. I got the Sport seats. They're comfortable, but don't hold you in like a racing bucket seat would
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I suspect comfort depends on the person sitting in them.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                I suspect comfort depends on the person sitting in them.
                QFT!
                My wife loves the base seats in the 2000. My back says the 93 LX seats were better before the collapse (seat cushion needs redone again). The Expedition seats are just too firm.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                X