Cutting into the rear deck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutting into the rear deck.

I am trying to think of the best way to cut out a clean hole in the rear deck. I want to make the 6" x 9" holes 8" so I can put some 8" midbass drivers back there. Sawzall and fucking metal file afterwards?

pretty much. I can't think of any other way.

Comment

jig saw with a metal blade = more control
      a nibbler
      they have tiny sawzalls that are air powered
      shears

a big sawzall will be all over the place

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
      My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

i agree with the jigsaw since it would be easier to mark and cut from the trunk area. more room instead of a window in the way. i would wear safety glasses or something to protect your eyes from metal shavings. at one point i thought of mounting 12s in the rear deck.
        Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Do you think Dremel is powerful enough to cut through with the right bit? I just don't know what bit I would need if it would be...

Comment

Well, I just got an idea what I could do to not have to cut in the rear deck. I am going to be making a custom rear deck panel out of 3/4" MDF and I am going to take it somewhere to veneer it. I can cut out a couple rings and mount the 8" about another 3/4" above. Maybe that will give me enough clearance. Depends on magnet size.

Comment

Working...
            X