W00dGr4in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W00dGr4in

What type of wood is the dashes supposed to be simulating on the Crown Victorias? Did the wood grain change at all, or was it ever different on any other models. I know Grand Marquis woodgrain is different that the Crown Vics.

From what I've seen over the years box GM's, there seems to be a lighter and slightly darker woodgrain finish, though this could be purely due to fade. As far as the type of wood they're intended to simulate, I have no clue. At least it's not that burl that used to scare me as a child in our old Seville, because it looked like it had demon faces in it.
    sigpic
    1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
    Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

I know Towncars had at least 3 distinctly different styles of woodgrain, not sure on the Vics.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I know in the Merc's in 79 the wood was Darker and differnt pattern, then i think 81-87 it was the same lighter stuff, and 88-89 where differnt style dash face,
        the 79 marquis dash

and here is a pic of my dash, its an 84, but i need to find 79 dash trim for it, notice the wood is much lighter

this is a 79 ltd dash, i think its the same up to 87, but im not to sure

Comment

One reason I want to know the name of the grain is because I was going to cutout a piece of wood for the rear deck here pretty soon. I am thinking about veneer. I may just say screw it and just paint/carpet.

Comment

You may just want to recarpet it if stock is your taste. Are you just redoing the rear deck because it's warped/ sagging? You could probably even glue the original deck onto some thin sealed plywood. I would think MDF would be to sensitive to any moisture or water leaks. I sprayed my warped trunk panels damp, pressed them back flat with concrete blocks, and sprayed clear (on the backside) on them to get them back into shape.
            sigpic
            Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Sub made rear deck crack

Comment

I never really paid much attention to mine but since it's warping some I'm guessing its made out of thin pressed board stuff? Maybe something in metal might work for you like aluminum? Its obviously superior in strength and shouldn't add a great deal of weight.
                sigpic

Comment

The Vics got some cheesy cardboard bs. Use stuff from a Lincoln and cut it to fit. Its a padded felt covered piece instead of that crappy pressboard junk. You also get speaker grilles instead of the slotted holes like Vics got.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                  X