No announcement yet.

1987 police bucket seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few weeks ago I found a single police-bucket slider track on eBay. Just one half of one slider assembly, so it was kind of useless to me, but it was NOS and the seller did post the part number. I'll have to see if I can dig it up ....

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
    gotta use better filler mikey.....that stuff is just for little nicks and chips
    Yes, very true. I don't like to mess with Bondo when it's just a quickie job and the car has so many other things it needs so much more desperately. If I end up keeping the car, I'll have to at the very least smooth that some more with the hard sanding board that I don't own yet, and at best grind out the spot putty and level the area with lead or other suitable filler.
    Last edited by 1987cp; 05-14-2009, 12:14 PM.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I have these seats, and they are actually pretty comfortable. I have loads of road time in them!
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I want me a set!
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I prefer the velour ones... Snatched these from an '89.
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Nate if you ever see another pair snatch them for me. what ever color they may be. I will then pay you a visit.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I know where there is a grey set.
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Really! and they are ones that are compatible with my car? How much would they charge ya for them? I only want to spend so much, just give me a rough estimate if you can Nate. I really didnt expect you to come across a set so quickly.
                ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                  I know where there is a grey set.
                  You've been holding out on us??? The horrors!

Dibs on any '79-'87-compatible slider assemblies.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                    You've been holding out on us??? The horrors!

Dibs on any '79-'87-compatible slider assemblies.
                    whoa what the hell! I had dibs on the entire seat and everything.
                    ~David~

Comment

Anyone have a photo of the headrest up? so i can see the posts of the headrest.

EDIT: the headrests look identical so i would think the posts are the same. Those would look awesome with halos.
                      Last edited by 87gtVIC; 05-17-2009, 06:33 AM.
                      ~David~

Comment

Yeah, mine at least have the same headrest assemblies as the split-bench seats.

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        whoa what the hell! I had dibs on the entire seat and everything.
                        That's okay, same thing happened with the seats Tom bought. I just wish I could find another source for the sliders than underneath these super-desirable seats!

Comment

I am not looking to sell the grey set. They were removed from an '88 P72 that my Dad's friend had, and are pretty decent. I am hoarding them, because one day I am going to have another box police car.

Comment

Originally posted by neums View Post
                            OK, my friend in Charolotte, NC has this 1985 police package (for sale) which has factory bucket seats. Proves that they did offer them back then.

His website is: www.policecarsales.com/
                            Those are my exact seats! I wish I could find a matching backseat
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                              I am not looking to sell the grey set. They were removed from an '88 P72 that my Dad's friend had, and are pretty decent. I am hoarding them, because one day I am going to have another box police car.

Ah i thought you knew of an unclaimed set I suppose thats for the better. I really must be saving some money nowadays.
                              ~David~

Comment

Working...
                              X