Box Panther Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box Panther Seats

I dunno if anyone has done this B4. Would the front bench seat from a '90 -'91 Crown Vic fit in an '86 Crown Vic?

Packman

i wanna say no i do know that 90 changed the floors

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
      I dunno if anyone has done this B4. Would the front bench seat from a '90 -'91 Crown Vic fit in an '86 Crown Vic?

Packman
      Yeah, but you're gonna need to drill holes in the seat track. This will be the seat and seat track from the '90 right?

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking about yanking both the front and rear seats from the '90 CV that I saw in a JY in Jamesburg. The car was in excellent shape and I don't know why it was junked.

Packman

Comment

They will bolt in but no they dont fit right. Floorpan changed in 90. They sit funny unless you swap the tracks.
          1989 Grand Marquis LS
          flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

swap tracks on the seats and bolt them in the car...
            Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Towncar seats, they're more comfy. Grand Marq pillow tops are really nice too.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Bah to all of you! only kidding, 90 cv seats are very comfy
                What happened here?

Comment

dunno, I just really don't like the LX seats at all. Base model Merc seats are pretty much the same. Better Merc seats, Lincoln seats (especially Signature) and oddly enough super duper base model vinyl Ford benches are very comfy.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I like my 2004 seats, but they aren't as 'pillowy' as the traditional box seats...
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Seats are a no-go. Somebody already got to the driver's side of the split bench and the rear driver's side window was broken and the rear seat was drenched. The dash looks like it was cannibalized as well.

Packman

Comment

I had the track of a '90/'91 in place in Vicky. After I drilled a few holes in the track, it lined up perfectly with the studs in the floor.

Comment

i put 88 vic seats in the old 91 merc and they were nice and all but fit a lil weird

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                            i put 88 vic seats in the old 91 merc and they were nice and all but fit a lil weird
                            How so?
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I do know that some truck buckets will fit an 85 Vic with a little elbow grease...
                              sigpic
                              https://www.facebook.com/jason.baker.1614
                              1985 P43 Crown Vic, "Lightning Interceptor". Project is back on!
                              1987 P72 Crown Vic, EFI 351W (not my conversion), rusty and crusty parts car.
                              2006 Ford Fusion, 30MPG, premium sound, daily driver, 200K miles and still going.
                              2011 Ford Fucus, 36MPG, Sync, wifey / baby mobile.

Comment

Working...
                              X