Windshield Washers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windshield Washers

Another in a long line of dumb questions. I don't have the owners manual for the CV, so how does the windshield washer work? On the windshield wiper control rod, there is an arrow pointing up and under it says washer. Do I twist the whole rod up or just the wiper speed control? I tried to gently twist the rod, but it doesn't move any, and the wiper speed control stops at the highest speed. Moving the wiper control rod up results in the fastest wiper speed. What am I doing wrong?

Packman

Nothing eh? Fine, be that way, but when youz ppl cry about your missing bottles of Windex, don't go cryin' on here cuz I don't want to hear it:p.

Packman

Comment

Are you serious? Pull back on the windshield washer lever. As if you were turning on the high beams on the turnsignal switch. :lol:
      Last edited by 86VickyLX; 02-19-2009, 12:15 AM.

Comment

What he said.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yep, that did the trick. On my old '92 Ranger, the switch was on the wiper speed control knob; a bit more obvious. Though the CV one is nicer because it squirts the fluid B4 making two passes on the windshiled and then it shuts off. The other vehicles it doesn't shut off and wipes until you shut it off, so most of the time the wiper blades end up scraping against a dry windshield.

Packman

Comment

so are you telling me you never have you used your washer fluid before? not trying to be negative by the way

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
              so are you telling me you never have you used your washer fluid before? not trying to be negative by the way
              You just go around every morning and clean the windshield with windex and a paper towel mang? Btw, how do yours work? Does it shoot the fluid all over the place?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                You just go around every morning and clean the windshield with windex and a paper towel mang? Btw, how do yours work? Does it shoot the fluid all over the place?
                I'm not really much of a windex person lol. my nozzel is slightly turned right so it tends to shoot morethe passenger side so if a car is on my passenger side they will get some nice washer fluid on there driver side window lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I never had to drive the CV for any sustained period of time. My S-10 has been down ever since I bought the POS. In the colder weather I was spraying windex on the windshield and washing the salt off with a bucket of water. The washer nozzle has a nice 90* spray that hits both sides pretty evenly. This is also why I noticed that I desperately need a dash cover for the car as well. The only time I really drove the car was to Englishtown during the summer and the occasional cruise. Hopefully the POS S-10 won't have any more major problems so I can take the CV off of DD use and work on the car.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                  X