Junk yard day....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junk yard day....

Today Jason (Watchdog) and I went to the junkyard... He found some really nice velour electric seats for his 91 P-72, in a station wagon, and some other little odd and ends... (His front drivers seat, which is dark blue vinyl, had a hole in it from the gun butt of the officers service weapon) I convinced him he DID NOT want to sit on DARK BLUE vinyl seats in Florida in the summer... We had to go back to his house and get the battery out of his 91 and hot wire the seat, to move it forward so he could get to the back bolts...
    We are going to use my steam upholstery cleaner on the seats to clean them up before we put them in...
    I also found a stock battery hold down for him, he found a new hood ornament, and some other odd and ends for his car...

I found a new trunk carpet for mine... They are usually trashed pretty quick, with all the rain doen here, and the fact they throw the gas tank in the trunk, and the trunk lid stays open, so it fills up with water, and rusts... This one was wet, but in good shape, so i pulled it out, (it was in about 2 inches of water from last nights rain) Layed it on the roof while we got our other parts, when I came back, it was dry... Rolled it up and away we went! I will lay it out on the driveway and scrub it with some purple power, and then rinse it out... I did the same on my 84's, and it looked new. I have been trying to find one of these for about 4 years...

Also got two of the door switch plates for the windows etc.. one is the front passenger door... with the electric lock switches... Which I have been looking for.... I want to put electric locks in mine, So I can put the key remotes in the car... So now all I need is a nice drivers door switch panel... Which are usually pretty scuffed up....
    Also got a new door rubber for the drivers door... Trying to find a set for all four doors, so I can replace all of them when I repaint the door jambs...

The "A pillar trim piece, mine is broken down near the bottom, this one is even the right color...

Drivers side front window trim... since mine got a dent in it somewhere... Found one in the same shape as the new ones I got last year... So at least they match.

So, a good day all in all....
    Last edited by trwp72; 05-12-2009, 05:37 PM.

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

i love junk yards. You made me jealous.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Next time you go, I'll give you my shopping list. My 86' needs a few things.

Comment

Forgot one other thing I found... some REALLY nice looking metal threshold plates for the front seat... (with the "FORD" emblems on them) They look really nice, and the Ford emblem looks brand new on both of them... Mine were ok, but the emblems had come off long ago...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…

Comment

There is a 87 or 86 there... As long as you don't need anything too crazy... (I am not pulling the engine or trans! MAYBE Jason might, but not me!!!) I think it is a package car, too...
          PM me a list of what you need...

I got attacked by some major mosquitos there yesterday... I got to remember to bring bug spray from now on, I remembered the sun screen, but maybe the smell of that attracted the mosquitos!??? As summer gets closer, I always worry about West Nile virus... A friend of mine from EMS ran a call one night in a ditch full of water... he was wading around knee deep in water trying to extricate a patient,and got really eaten up by mosquitos... Got the West Nile, and almost died... He lost almost a 100 pounds while in the hospital, he got encephalitis and meningoencephalitis from the West Nile.. so be carefull when you go to the junk yard! The problem exists in the junkyards because... standing water in open trunks... inside cars that have been left with windows down...
          Thing is, it could be cured really easily when they evacuate fluids and get ready to place the cars out in the yard... take a drill, drill a 1/2 hole in each floor board, or take rubber plugs out, so water can drain, same with the trunk... no water, no mosquitos...

Tom...

Comment

Originally posted by neums View Post
            Next time you go, I'll give you my shopping list. My 86' needs a few things.
            The car Tom is refering to is an 86 package car and had an almost complete BLUE intiror. It looks like the Stering Wheel is the only thing missing and it is the crank windows. Let me know what you need.

As for my car Tom and I got the old seats out today and vacumed about a pound of sand out of the floor. We will be pulling the rubber mat out on Sunday to fnish cleaning. (Pics to follow)
            1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

cool.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I need blue door panels and armrests for manual window cars, and the elusive blue steering wheel without cruise control buttons. The steering wheel will be the same from 85-89, door panels will be the same from 83-89.
                Last edited by neums; 05-16-2009, 09:52 PM.

Comment

PM sent.
                  1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

Working...
                  X