No announcement yet.

Hidden gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always wanted to get the marauder gauge pod that goes under the ashtray. I think that would be a pretty good fit. But they are hardly ever on ebay, and they go for like $50+
    ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
    ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

I was thinking something like this maybe except keep the factory clear plastic cover and tint it really dark so you could only see the guages when they were lit up

And maybe some of these, they remind me of the factory police gauges

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
      Big plans

Comment

2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post

Is that yours it looks really good any more info on it?

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
          Big plans

Comment

No, belongs to Colin (Mr. Land Yacht), used to post constantly but hasn't been on as much lately. The gauges are the Autometer Traditional Chrome Series, and they're mounted in a little worked steel panel made by his uncle at a little custom shop in the north Detroit suburbs. He's got a pic of the front of the shop in one of his Reader's Rides threads IIRC. Pretty sure he had better pics of the panel, too, though these were what I was able to locate when I made the post.

I also own a set of those same gauges, though if I try using them again all together, I may try painting the bezels black to approximate the look of the (somewhat pricier?) VDO Cockpit Series.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Not meaning to revise an old thread but thought I'd add my two cents. I like replacing the dummy lights with real gauges right in the cluster by the way.

Something I saw done once that looked pretty good was hiding them behind the vents so you can see them through the vent slots. Not sure if that would work on your 91 or not but just another thought.
              '85 Mercury Grand Marquis
              only MSD multi-spark so far but hopefully a 351 on the way.

Comment

Yeah, colin's shit is awesome. I also really like blaze's setup.
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

^ I did these hackjob installs in my '90 P72.

I liked the position of everything. Tach on the a pillar, concealed by the spotlight. Voltmeter in the speedo pod. Water temp and oil pressure in the radio area, and vacuum on the tunnel.
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
                  X