door lock light issue 83 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

door lock light issue 83 Grand Marquis

I recently discovered a new issue with my driver’s door illuminated lock. In the past whenever the drivers or passengers door latched was lifted the door lock lights would illuminate as well all the interior lights as they are supposed to. However now when I lift the driver’s door handle all the interior lights and the passenger lock light-up but not the drivers door lock light will not. It flickered a bit once when I lifted the handle but it will illuminate when the door is opener up. The connector in the door looks fine. Anyone have any thoughts?

the lock lamp is probably busted. Rip off the door panel and try to jump power to it if still nothing replace it. Don't as me with what though. lol I am just reading out of my EVTM manual.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

According to my 91 EVTM, the lock lamp is an LED. However, I don't know if this is the case for an 83.
      There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
      91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
      93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
      Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
      Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
      95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

There is a connector somewhere inside the door that feeds the lamp. Maybe its gotten wet and the connector corroded? Could also be the bulb let go, not a clue how to replace it though,
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thank you for the great ideas. The drivers door lock light DOES light only when the door is opened but not when either of the door handles are lifted. The passenger door lock light however works perfectly when EITHER door handle is lifted. The connector in the door seems clean.

Comment

I have the same exact problem as you. If you find out what the exact problem is please post it up.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

ah, thats a different issue.. In the door latch, there should be a switch to trip the light on when the handle is lifted. Probably that switch has failed. Look on the side of the latch assembly to see if there is a wire plugged into it. Thats the switch. Not quite sure if thats replaceable or how to do it though. Probably have to pull the latch out of the door completely to get at it.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

funny thing i just noticed tonight...I open the drivers side door..The light does not go one when the handle is lifted but only when the door is open but if i open the door more than to feet the light begins to flicker then turn off.....
                ~David~

Comment

If your lucky it'll be the contacts on the handle switch, but from that description it sounds like a broken wire near where the door hinges.

Alex.

Comment

Working...
                  X