Redoing the interior trim parts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redoing the interior trim parts...

Since I had to pull both front seats to install the new center console (See Box body, eletrical) I decided to Clean and restore / redye the interior trim parts on the seats, and the seatbelt plasitc sleaves... The two plastic sleeaves at the bottom of the "B" pillards were just gone... they had been falling apart for some time, I finnally found two new ones in the "cash for clunkers" car that Jason and I found at the local yard... it had 38,000 miles on it.... I got all of the trim and or parts we could geet off of it before they crushed it. So today I re-dyed the two seat belt sleeves.. (Interior on that car was grey, mine is tan) I had also got some new plastic trim pieces for my police bucket seats out of a Taurus... (Taurus seats from 1991.) Ford used the Taurus seats for the police package buckets that year, as an option... Anyway, I found enough trim pieces for the sides to replace the ones that had cracked and fallen apart. Tommorow, before they get re-installed, I am laying in a layer of fiberglass and matting to the inside of the pieces to make then stronger, and hopefully so they won't break as easy. These things are getting harder and harder to find!!! I have a complete new set now, and a few extras for the passenger seat... When I go to the junk yard, I always look for them... So the trim pieces are re-dyed, and ready to go back in. Also going to pull the seatbelts, and clean them up... Anyone know how to tighten up the reel on the seatbelt retracter? Mine on the drivers side is getting "Lazy" and not wanting to rewind itself... I have to "help" it.... Figured there was a way to rewind it to make it stiffer, like roll up window shades...

So now if the rain holds off... (Two days in a row with severe storms... sort of like a tropical storm...) Last night at the show and shine, the music / sound trailer was flooded--- shorting out the sound system... We were in Burger King watching the rain go sideways outside... When lightning hit a light pole in the parking lot... great spark show!!!

We left shortly after that!

Photos to follow tommorow... Camera is in car.. and raining outside right now...

Tom...

No i'm NOT getting wet for the photos!!!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/
Working...
X