pullin' up carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pullin' up carpet

Alright, I have a water leak, perhaps two - I get water in both passenger side footwells, but much more in the rear and it seems to be coming from under the passenger seat, but doesn't seem to be pooling under there (I guess because the footwells are lower?)

What do I need to unbolt for the carpet to be free in just that section? If I can get away with just unbolting that seat track and the trim holding the carpet down, I would be amazed. Plan would be to lift the carpet on that entire side to figure things out, but leave the carpet down on the drivers side.

I see no leaks in the floor when I'm under the car so I suspect one of the factory holes in it (for a seat belt bracket or seat tracks or something). Where would you look first?

Doesn't come in through the doors...the car can sit in the rain for days and not get water down there but drive for an hour and it's getting wet down there.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Seat, seatbelt sleeves, and trim around the area probably pop out the rear seat cushion too to just flip everything onto teh drivers side.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

yup, not all that much holding it in. Its all pretty obvious what holds the carpet down, no hidden fastners or anything odd like that.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i didn't think there was anything besides that holding it in but thought to make sure before I started loosening bolts.

tracks: just a bolt on each corner of the seat?
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Yes. At least with my seats. I believe your floor pan is different but I doubt that it is THAT different.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The hardest part of carpet removal is removing that rusted-in-place seatbelt bolt that's conveniently adjacent to the fuel supply line. Then you ask yourself, "Do I want this carpet out? Or do I want to avoid setting my car on fire?" I decided to wait till it's a good time to remove the fuel line.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

no carpet pullin' today...fucking rain. irony.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X