One touch mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One touch mod

A few weeks ago I added the one touch module to the drivers door on my 88 Town Car
    Way cool modification !,
    I decided against the one touch up to prevent any unwanted injuries to my children or my Dumb ass self .
    Well today I added one to my passenger door and I was pleasantly surprised to find out the one touch feature works from the master switch on my Driver door .

It was pretty simple to install though not as easy as the drivers door because I had to add an extra power wire that had to routed in to the interior . I tapped into the blue/ black wire on the window safety relay behind the passenger kick panel.

I only took one picture because I'm not used to documenting thing with pics
    I get involved in doing something and I get overly involved and I forget to stop and take pics
    Attached Files
    sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Originally posted by hypostang View Post
    Well today I added one to my passenger door and I was pleasantly surprised to find out the one touch feature works from the master switch on my Driver door .
    This is always something I had in my mind..now it has finally been answered. Good work.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Best part was , the girl that works the register only charged me $1 for the module

I noticed in the pic it looks like I dont know how to use electrical tape

Its actually not tape, its a water proof insulation made by 3M , its kinda like butyl attached to electrical tape that you wrap around connections then trim the excess.
      sigpic

Comment

SO you couldnt find a keyed power in the door and that is hwy you had to run a line into the car?
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

this looks very interesting, but can you explain how it works? where does the module actually go? Does it function like a factory one-touch, press lightly to go down a bit, press another notch for one-touch down.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Everything to do with interior and body electrical including headlights and tail lights. CFI specific discussions and AC/heating systems.

Press down and it goes down by itself. Press and hold and you can control how far it goes. Or after pressing down, press down again to stop at current position.

I installed mine like this: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post560735
            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              SO you couldnt find a keyed power in the door and that is hwy you had to run a line into the car?
              Exactly David , In the passenger door there is the seat, which is constant, the power lock, also constant , the ashtray light which is attached to the dash lights and of course the window switch , which you cant really use to power the module .
              I really gotta start taking more pics when I do this stuff .
              sigpic

Comment

One other thing I wanted to mention , the Town Car has the power vent windows that go down first and when the vent window gets all the way down the main window starts its southern trek .. still works exactly how its supposed to
                sigpic

Comment

I'm glad to see that someone else on here tried this. I was wondering how I were to go about wiring up the passenger doors, since they don't have a constant power feed. I was thinking about running all the modules through the master switch, since the individual switches get power from that.

Comment

The power lock button ought to have constant hot to it if I'm not mistaken. At least it should in a Towncar without keyless entry and on Vics/GMQs. Towncar with keyless entry uses a totally different lock/unlock system that is basically a switched ground to the keyless entry module, which fires the relays as needed. light green / yellow is the power feed to the lock in the passenger door on a Towncar according to my 86 EVTM.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The wires are kinda shrimpy though. The constant feed wire is about a 14gauge. I'd be afraid of burning up the wire for the locks

Comment

Its fused with a 15 amp fuse. You'll blow that fuse long before damaging the wire. If that does turn out to be not enough, tapping off the safety relay in the fender should be fairly easy. I think thats a 30 amp cb or something. Electrically speaking though, it probably makes more sense to tap off the window safety relay, that way the windows actually draw current from window related fuses instead of the lock power circuits.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          The power lock button ought to have constant hot to it if I'm not mistaken. At least it should in a Towncar without keyless entry and on Vics/GMQs. Towncar with keyless entry uses a totally different lock/unlock system that is basically a switched ground to the keyless entry module, which fires the relays as needed. light green / yellow is the power feed to the lock in the passenger door on a Towncar according to my 86 EVTM.
                          The power lock generally does have constant hot , but ideally you want key on power for the module . It wasnt a big deal to run the extra wire at all... took about 5 minutes total to run and splice it , I just ran a piece of mechanics wire through the rubber conduit tied the wire to it and pulled it back through .
                          The safety relay on my car was right behind the kick panel on the passenger side so it only had to come just inside the car .I'm not sure if Vics and GMs have the relay in the same spot though .
                          I just studied my EVTM for a few minutes and decided that was the best place to get power from in my case
                          My town Car does have keyless entry too though .
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hypostang View Post
                            The safety relay on my car was right behind the kick panel on the passenger side so it only had to come just inside the car .I'm not sure if Vics and GMs have the relay in the same spot though .
                            I just studied my EVTM for a few minutes and decided that was the best place to get power from in my case
                            Yes I'm ressurecting an old thread.

That's the place where factory in the aeros and taurus' use power from for the module is that wire for the relay.
                            And yes, the Vics and Grand Marquis have the relay in the same place as the TownCar.

Comment

Working...
                            X