Computer stand....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987cp....

I see how it is, I get the stand in, get pictures, and no comment? LOL!!!
    Guess you finnally went to sleep!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Pictures? What pictures? Oh, those pictures! Your Dell thingy looks very nice clipped in there, and the stand looks sturdy and very convenient. How do you like it?
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Doesn't look very sturdy....lol.

That's nice. I like the lock for the screen. I should make one like that for doing the tuning/datalogging on the wagon.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

doesn't look sturdy?!

since when is one inch square steel not sturdy... or steel brackets? That thing looks hella sturdy compared to the civilian style plastic crap I've seen OTC.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The lol added means sarcasm.
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

The only time it has shaken so far is when I hit a rather large bump going to a call a couple of days ago... and then for only a second. normal driving it is like a rock. The tubing he made the upper part out of is the thickest one inch square tubing they make. (It looks about 1/4 inch thick steel) I know it was heavy as hell... with out the top plate even mounted on it... Also the piece he welded to the top, to mount the swivel mount for the laptop to, is about 1/4 inch plate steel... I really like it..

Now all I have to do is to get the power plug fixed on the computer... Dell's power plugs suck! I think I am going to have my computer guy put a three contact power plug on the charger part, and have him solder a three conductor wire to the circuit board, and have other end just hang out of the back of the computer, with another plug on the end of the wire.... Since I only use this one in the car, anyway. The Dell plugs are tiny, and crap... I have had this one replaced and or repaired about three times now... The only reason I don't use it, and bought the new HP was because of the charging issues... the computer runs fine, if you can get the power to stay on long enough....
              I want to get it working so I can use the map program I have in it... for the trip to Chicago... I know the way, but it is nice to follow along on the way up... And then I will have a back up computer while on the trip....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
              Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                The lol added means sarcasm.
                damn my eyes.

I totally didn't even see that. And I was actually wearing my glasses at the time.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                X