Cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cluster

Do they make anything other than the 85mph cluster for my 88 GMG???
    '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
    "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
    "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
    "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
    "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Yes. There was a thread a couple months back about a 135MPH speedometer for the Grand Marquis. I believe it sold to MrMarquis for a pretty penny.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

so now the hunt begins!!!!!!! anyone know where i can start looking?????

Comment

I believe there were a few police GM s built but very rare. I think there is also a sport package listed in one of my older Ford shop manuals about a sport package option that was available with a cluster like that possibly a tach in it to dont remember now. Didnt pay much attention to it as either was going to be extremly rare and mostlikey long ago smashed.
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

I love the smell of unobtanium in the morning.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'm guessing a Police Package GM is pretty much the holy grail of box panthers? In terms of rarity that is.

Also, this thread:
            http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...age-DOES-exist

Also related, Federal Reserve Police were using whale Grand Marquis for a few years.

Comment

Yeah, needle in a real big haystack. I mean, consider that Grandmarq.net didn't even have a consensus that 135mph speedos even existed for GMQs until the above link surfaced. Unfortunately most were probably crushed as the redheaded stepchild that they sort of were. A stripped-out Grand Marquis, who wants that?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I haven't seen a GM police 135MPH cluster in years!!!

If anything is unobtanium, it's this very rare GM PI cluster. Of course one very lucky trip to the JY could change
                everything. They are still out there, somewhere!!

Comment

i love a good challange!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

well... here's yer easter egg hunt of the decade.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Good luck. You might have to buy the whole car.

Comment

I would be on the hunt for that 140mph speedo as well! Would be so nice to have that instead of just the 85mph one. I have gunned it one time before on the highway and the speedo kept going over 85 and felt like it wanted to keep going, just had no clue how fast I was going at the time lol.

Comment

If you can hack kph (and km's for the odometer) a Canadian MGM reads to 160kph (100 mph). No pics, I've got a US market car with a mph speedo.

Alex.

Comment

would bother me but would love a 135 mph speedo if i could find one!!!

Comment

I'm waiting until the popularity of Canadian speedometers goes up. I've got -89 and a 90-91 CV clusters floating around here somewhere
                              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Working...
                              X