How does the factory stereo come out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does the factory stereo come out?

Ok, I'm sure someone has covered this, but I'm damned if I can find a thread or post that tells me how to get the factory radio/cassette out of a '90 GM. I see the two holes on each side; I even cobbled a sticker tool to poke in the holes on each side, but the radio remains peacefully - if mockingly - in the dash. What the bleep?
    If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough...

Those holes are for the removal tool needed to get the radio out. Just about any auto parts store will have the tool, it's cheap!
    Put the tips in the holes and push them both outward at the same time. The radio will slide out with no problems.

Comment

So I guess my coat hanger wire "tool" wasn't... What does the proper tool look like?
      If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough...

Comment

I've always used some long nails myself.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Sometimes you have to stick the tools in and then get behind it to give it a shove. There is a plastic hanger thing in there that slides on a rail, and after 20 some years it tends to get stuck there.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X