No announcement yet.

New '89 Town Car in the junkyard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in Raleigh man, what yard is this? I might have to take a trip down there haha. Those seats look minty fresh too!
    1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

This yard is in Christiansburg, VA (near Roanoke) but I'm also student in Charlotte.

Money is a bit tight for me so I'm probably just going to get what I need right now before anything extra. I'm planning on grabbing the door switch bezels and some of the dash trim. I'm also going to get the door panels because those are way too good to waste. I'd love to save as much of the interior of the car as I can. Once I start working again in December (during my winter break) I'll have enough money to grab whatever else is left.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
      2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
      2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Agee's in Christiansburg. Free to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          the belt can be replaced. its just an O ring. the electrochromatic ones don't dim worth a damn anyway. the fat chunky ones rip the tab off the glass. manual mirrors are the way to go. they actually work.
          The newer ones work pretty well. I believe 98+ they are made by Gentex and most manufacturers still use them today.

My Grandfather's 93 Cartier spent more time without a RVM than with. The weight of the mirror and autodim sensor constantly tore off the mirror button. I got tired of fixing it all the time. Finally gave up and took it to a glass shop. They got it to last a year at least.
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

In 90 or 91, the Mark VII went to the electrochromatic mirror. My 91 has one. Much smaller and lighter than the old mechanical thing, but it doesn't get very dark. Maybe mine is dinked but frankly it sucks balls. the boring old manual flip-tab thing in the Towncar is vastly more useful. I did have problems with the mirror falling off in the Mark. I tried a few times and never got it to stay more than a week. Dropped by the glass shop that used to be in town, he glued it in for free and its been there for 2 years without problems. People say the stuff you can buy over the counter at the parts store is the same as the stuff the glass shops use, but I call BS on that.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have some experience of buying wrecked cars, both for parts and for the future use. So I can say that you shouldn't buy a salvage title car if its price is higher than $8K. It is good if you can look at the car and estimate the damage, how much will it cost you to repair the car etc. I usually buy cars online and I look through the pictures from the accident to see what was done to the car. As I dont live in the USA I also order transportation services at websites like www.bidux.com , but still I never paid more than 8K.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                In 90 or 91, the Mark VII went to the electrochromatic mirror. My 91 has one. Much smaller and lighter than the old mechanical thing, but it doesn't get very dark. Maybe mine is dinked but frankly it sucks balls. the boring old manual flip-tab thing in the Towncar is vastly more useful. I did have problems with the mirror falling off in the Mark. I tried a few times and never got it to stay more than a week. Dropped by the glass shop that used to be in town, he glued it in for free and its been there for 2 years without problems. People say the stuff you can buy over the counter at the parts store is the same as the stuff the glass shops use, but I call BS on that.
                Did you see how dark the one in my car gets? Or the one you guys installed in Donald's wagon?

Comment

no. honestly i just want to toss that piece of crap for something that actually works correctly. I dont know if its mine specifically, or all of the ones of that style but the one in my car isn't worth a damn.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

man im willilng to pay for those door panels........! I need that color for my 88 towny!

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

With any luck, I can probably start harvesting these parts in about three weeks once I get back from break! Door panels are going to be one of the first things I collect. I'll keep you guys posted.

Comment

Working...
                      X