8 track player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 track player?

Hey guys, anyone have a car with an original 8 track player in it?

mine did...I still have the player, not currently in the car though.
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
      mine did...I still have the player, not currently in the car though.
      I do also, Is that uncommon for an 84?

Comment

They were starting to phase them out...not exactly sure when they did completely, probably after 86 if i had to guess. It's pretty base model audio stuff.
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

84 was very late in the 8 track game. It was a dead format by then. I didn't know they even offered one that late to be honest. The latest I've ever seen one was 1982 in a Towncar.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            84 was very late in the 8 track game. It was a dead format by then. I didn't know they even offered one that late to be honest. The latest I've ever seen one was 1982 in a Towncar.
            yea, my car is an 84 and has an 8 track player and the interior trim from an earlier model....but has the exterior trim of an 84, what is going on here haha

Comment

Earlier meaning...82 and earlier? they had some unique colors 79 to 82...mines one of them, makes finding parts hard.
              -Phil

sigpic

Comment

The 8 track was dying fast around 1984. The door panels on the 2 door could have been leftovers from 1982 or someone changed them to the older version. Actually the older doorpanels look nice until the sun gets to them.

Comment

My '79 TC still has it's 8 track player. I have no 8 track tapes to play. The radio still works but the speakers are crap...
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Thrift stores FTW!!! I wish I had just repaired the band on my 8 track and installed my other CD player else where (no idea where...). i have a bunch of tapes.
                    -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Had a cassette in my '87 GM. Previously I had an under dash 8 track in my '72 Dodge Charger (400 Magnum) and it sounded really good. The sound of 8 tracks was not bad at all for the limitations of the medium!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I wouldn't know mine doesn't work

Comment

Working...
                        X