Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear view mirrors (inside) - which ones correctly interchange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear view mirrors (inside) - which ones correctly interchange?

So, I've always thought the rear view mirror on my 87 Crown Vic Coupe seemed a little funny. Like maybe it belonged to a smaller car, or something.

The lever that goes between day and night usage never quite moved the mirror sufficiently - and it always seemed that the mirror didn't show a wide enough view to match the car.

I think I probably have some sort of generic universal mirror of some type in there.

Firstly, how big is the mirror inside the car supposed to be (width by height)?

Second, if I want to get a correct one, which years of which boxes have one that is right for my car?

Thanks in advance...
    1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2-door Coupe - perpetually "sort of" for sale...
    Black with Red cloth (velour?) interior.
    Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.
    Reader's Ride post, First pic with "new" rims, Other pics with "new" rims

Go on Ebay and grab an autodimming unit. It's a worthwhile investment and hooks up with only a few wires.
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

if you're JY hunting... any panther should work for ya... as long as it's the basic mirror

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Try to get the 12" long mirror. You can buy them new at the auto parts store or get a good used at the JY.

Comment

The stock rearview mirrors for these are stupid small.

Comment

Working...
          X