Able to fix, or what and replace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Able to fix, or what and replace?

The headliner on my '86 MGM Tudor is starting to "pucker".....two small areas where the material seems to be separating from the board material.

Any way to fix, or just wait to replace?

You could try using pins to hold those areas up until you're ready to replace the entire thing. I used the thin pins that usually come with dress shirts and put them into the headliner at an angle.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
    2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
    2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

I believe glues are sold and you inject it under the headliner. Being that the headliner is SO thin I would imagine the glue was severely discolor the headliner.

I'd say pull the interior and pop it out the passengers side to replace it. Get your vinyl top done at the same time. You did all the work then!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Once it starts to let go, you may as well replace it. The foam on the board under it will be turning to dust, and the headliner stretches so even if you glue it back it will be wrinkled. And once the foam 3" away falls apart, it'll be back to where it was anyway.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Agree with replacing the headlining and if you need to do the top, now is the time. Acme auto top in Los Angeles for the top material. I hear Rock auto carries Acme, however you might need to call them. Can't to find the category it is in.

Comment

Working...
          X