EJ Err - '05 Marquis LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EJ Err - '05 Marquis LS

Halp! My AC/DC cd is stuck in my player. I'm not even sure what sort it is...I think it's a 6 cd changer, but I can't find any slots other than the single CD slot...which, when I press eject says "EJ Err" or "No CD".

Would a batt cable disconnect fix this?

A battery cable disconnect might work, but I doubt it.
    In fact you can just pull the unit out of the dash and unplug it.
    I think you'll have to dig it out.
    I would try taking the unit in the house and removing the front cover.
    That will give you more room to work with.
    If it still doesn't come out I would try plugging it back in with the face plate still off.
    And go at it that way, hitting the eject button every now and then until it comes out.
    I've gotten them out doing this but it's not a sure thing.
    You may have to take the radio almost totally apart to get to the CD.
    Good Luck!

Comment

If you can select the disc (disc up and down buttons) you might be able to get it to play... once you get there, you may be able to eject it with a battery disconnect (or pulling the head out of the dash and unplugging and re-plugging the harness). If that doesn't work, yeah... gonna have to rip it apart to get the disc out.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

No go on the batt disconnect or switching CD's (which, how do I load more than one?)...it will read and play the CD, but won't pop it out.

Comment

Nothing wrong with AC/DC taking up permanent residence in a CD player.
          1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

then yeah... gonna have to rip it apart to get the cd out. sounds like the eject motor took a dump.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
            X