Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedometer off 20MPH

Hello

I recently did some tearing apart of my dash and removed the cluster a few times to find a rattle (I did, wants even under the dash board of course) and now my speedometer is below its minmum start level. Probably an inch or so below 0MPH. Thing still works when I accelerate, its just always behind about 20MPH if that makes sense. I tried as hard as I could to be gentle with it but apparently I messed up. Thoughts?

87 Grand Marquis
    Last edited by rsolis; 04-27-2015, 10:19 AM.

what's the car again? I know on my 88, the needle needed to be reseated. I just held zero on the stop (which isn't a peg on the box MGMs up to 89) on the mechanism the needle is on and then set it to zero by just turning it to position using the round part at the mount. Don't use the needle as you might bend it. It's been dead nuts correct ever since.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Is this an 89 down or 90 up? The 89 you center on 0 while sitting still. The 90 you turn the ignition on first to energize the magnet for 0

Comment

87 Grand Marquis. Edited post

Comment

Working...
        X