Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My windshield is leaking, how do I remove the trim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My windshield is leaking, how do I remove the trim?

It's a very small leak right above the steering wheel. Should be simple, but I've never removed trim before. 89 Grand Marquis.

I would ignore it if we weren't getting drenched with rain every day for the past week.
    89 Grand Marquis GS.

Putting it here because I keep forgetting to mention it. It's not very exciting at the moment.

Don;t bother with that wood nonsense. Just go right with the tool. If you were local I could do it for you one two three. It is easy once you understand how the tool works and get a feel for it catching on the backside of a clip.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thank you, that doesn't sound too bad.
      89 Grand Marquis GS.

Putting it here because I keep forgetting to mention it. It's not very exciting at the moment.

Comment

I've done this with a cheap plastic trim tool set from Harbor Freight. I think it was a 4 or 5 piece set for $3 or something. Just go gentle and it will let go. Pry on it hard and you'll turn the trim into a pretzel.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X