Clear All

Aero seat interchange.............

What years interchange?
    I don't want to mess with modifying connectors, just plug
    and play options.
    Previous owner was a smoker and there are burns on both front
    and rear seats.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

If you have controls on the seats, look for cars with controls on the seats. If you have controls on the doors, look for cars with controls on the doors. I'm pretty sure door controls didn't start until 96 or 97, but may have waited until later than that. Seat controls did mix in as well in base models until at least 2000 (as my wife's car has those). So there's no direct line indicating what years use which seat. Seats from any year 92-11 will physically fit.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

1995 GM/CV has some door controls.
      What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
      What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        If you have controls on the seats, look for cars with controls on the seats. If you have controls on the doors, look for cars with controls on the doors. I'm pretty sure door controls didn't start until 96 or 97, but may have waited until later than that. Seat controls did mix in as well in base models until at least 2000 (as my wife's car has those). So there's no direct line indicating what years use which seat. Seats from any year 92-11 will physically fit.
        '97 GS with controls on the door.
        Thanks for pointing me in a direction.

Comment

With controls on the doors, you'll probably want to stick to your own year since the wiring gets jacked with quite often for those. If you look outside your own year, just check the plug to make sure the wire colors and positions and socket are the same. So you might be able to use other years. You can also cut the wires off of your seats and wire in the new to you seats to keep the same wire harness on your car. Then you could use any seat with door controls.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I'm shocked there's no interchange.

Comment

There should be a small range at least, but you pretty much have to look at each candidate and verify the wire harness. If you want to take the time to change out the rails and just remount the seat, you may be able to use any seats from a car with door mounted controls as you'll be keeping almost all of the motors from your own seats. The only one that's built into the seat itself is the recline. That should be a quick two wire patch if anything.

Comment

‘95-‘97 will be similar, and ‘98-‘02 should also be good candidates. Big difference with the later stuff is the seat pattern depending on what car it comes from.

My Cars:
                -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Working...
                X