Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jedimasterhassan
    replied
    late 70's thunderbirds were offered with t tops too, i've seen a few of them around. as for the vette idea, i think if it was a one piece the frame would need way too much reinforcement. as it is i think if i left a strip of metal right in the middle i could weld a steel bar inbetween the roof and headliner (or whatever would be left of it) for extra reinforcement. i actually didn't even give any thought to the door pillars, that would be a bit of a pain, though if i did it with a coupe i could probably cut the door pillars off completely and try to extend the weatherstripping down to meet the window when it closes. not sure if that would actually work very well or not, but it'd be an idea

Leave a comment:

• chitownvic
    replied
    Originally posted by bowman83merc View Post
    i think it would be nice if you went with a vette style one piece top. just over the front seats have the whole thing come off.
    I was thinkin the same thing..Like a pop out...

Leave a comment:

• bowman83merc
    replied
    i think it would be nice if you went with a vette style one piece top. just over the front seats have the whole thing come off.

Leave a comment:

• P72Ford
    replied
    I hate t tops. They ruin the look of a clean continuous roofline. Once upon a time I was thinking of buying a local '87 Buick Regal T (the deep burgundy color). Beautiful car up and down, and the price was excellent ($9000 for a 50K mile car). The t tops were my hang up, and ultimately my reason for not buying it.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on T tops. Not that they should sway anyone's opinion. To me they are a 70s-80s redneck type thing...

Leave a comment:

• 1990LTD
    replied
    Men have been slain for lesser offenses.

Leave a comment:

• chitownvic
    replied
    Originally posted by johnunit View Post
    You'd have to do some serious frame reinforcement. These things are wet noodles over bumps as it is.
    LOL...LMAO...

Leave a comment:

• johnunit
    replied
    You'd have to do some serious frame reinforcement. These things are wet noodles over bumps as it is.

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    That looks hot.

But cutting the door frame will be too much of a pain, but if you leave it as if and just slice open the roof it could be more manageable.

Leave a comment:

• Grand Marquis GT
    replied
    Apparently so.

Makes me think you could almost get away with cutting the door pillars...

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    Tom was that actually produced?

Leave a comment:

• Grand Marquis GT
    replied
    Dodge had it right:

Leave a comment:

• Grand Marquis GT
    replied
    The problem is that panthers don't have pillarless glass, which is crucial for the t-tops.

Leave a comment:

• bowman83merc
    replied
    if that guy would have ever called me back about the 2 door cv, that would have been great. Are you anywhere near KC if you are i can call see if he still has it.

Leave a comment:

• hemihotrod402
    replied
    someone try it with a shitty parts car that you wouldnt fell bad if you really fuck it up

Leave a comment:

• jedimasterhassan
    replied
    i was thinking that (about the slicktop) but i think it would actually look pretty badass with the quarter vinyl top the 2 doors have. i really wanna try this if i can ever get my hand on a 2 door cheap

Leave a comment:

Working...
X