Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I will pay you $100.00 if you can cure this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will only say this.................there is a definite Studebaker connection in effect..........more news at 11 boys

Comment

Ok last night in NYC we had very heavy rain............the next two days heavy rains are predicted.
      I checked the car this morning............carpets dry..................I will wait for two more heavy storms to report what I did to slop what had been on going for over ten yrs............sometimes stupid things can cure things

Comment

Ok gents, tomorrow I go out to the car after almost three days of heavy heavy rain.
        If the carpet is dry I will tell all as to how I stopped the rain, and it was not by watching the film "who'll stop the rain"

Comment

We are all panting with anticipation.....

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

If you got the rain we did today, your car will either sink or float.

Comment

we're supposed to get that kinda rain tomorrow around here sometime. Probably while I'm on my way to my doc appointment.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Hasn't really been that bad out here on the island. We had a patch of crazy heavy rain yesterday but today was mostly uneventful. It's amazing how the weather can vary so much from such a short distance. Can't say I'm complaining... it's too hot to be driving around with the windows up anyway!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Here you go!.........I was out in the garage where I store the Avanti, and I found a bag containing NOS/REPOP trunk gasket.
                  Well I am looking at this gasket real close, and i think, man, if I turn this sucker around I could fit it under the oem gasket on the Tudor......so first before cutting I opened the bag and walked the gasket around the window, and it seemed to fit in there.........so I measured out a long piece, then opened up a new tube of 3M black super w/s adhesive and glued the back portion of the gasket around 95% of the window.
                  Now I say to myself this is too good/simple to be true.........so after three large rain storms I can say that the carpet on the drivers side front and the drivers side rear is DRY!! Before so much rain poured in, especially from the opera light, that I did not have enough towels in the car to stop all the water coming in!
                  Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                  We are all panting with anticipation.....For ten years I never even considered this gasket, in fact I ordered new w/s for a four door as tudor w.s has been nla for years.....I took two pices and glue butted them together.......guess what, the rain still poured in. I am glad i found that bag of w/s and was able to turn if backwards and use it in the Merc!

Comment

Could we have a picture of what you did ?

Comment

I will as soon as I can borrow a camera......soon.......
                      Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                      Could we have a picture of what you did ?

Comment

Working...
                      X