No announcement yet.

Rear deck speaker size of 1986 ltc signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure the Towncar dash frame has that hole. I don't remember seeing it on mine, but I wasn't looking either.

I remember my friend's 71 Mustang had one there. We were going to use it for an external CB speaker, but he decided to see what it sounded like by hooking it to his stereo and cranking it up. It sounded pretty decent till about 1/2 volume when it suddenly let loose with a puff of smoke and stopped working.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

if your head unit will suport 5.1 or 6.1 that would be a great idea... you will not get any bass though. the dash is not structualy sound for low frequency reproduction.. it would still sound good though..

Comment

That's what I thought. It would need some serious re-enforcing. Though, I've been back there enough to know that it can be done. But it would essentially require a complete dash rebuild.

Comment

Blaze86Vic
          wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what I thought. It would need some serious re-enforcing. Though, I've been back there enough to know that it can be done. But it would essentially require a complete dash rebuild.

Comment

so taking a + from the right and a - from the left would make a center channel
            and this hole is found in towncars as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Pimp Hard Or Bust
              so taking a + from the right and a - from the left would make a center channel
              and this hole is found in towncars as well?
              No you'd have to put a audio module in that had the correct number of symbols. I'm in total agreement with Chachi. I don't think you're gonna get too much from that unless you strengthen the setup.

Gadget said that he didn't see it on his TC, but of course he didn'e see that fan blade iether just messin witcha BTW, how is that hand coming along Thain?

Comment

I don't remember seeing it on my Towncar, but I won't say for sure it isn't there.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                X