No announcement yet.

Weird Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I checked it often! That was an amazing build. One of my friends saw some pictures of it in the newest issue of Hot Rod and I gave him the link to it.
    1998 Crown Victoria P71: Former National Institiute of Health vehicle
    1974 VW Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by Laura View Post
      Talk about thread jacking
      Speaking of witch, allow me to thread-jack the thread-jack,

Here is your truckster.

I love the tag.

We now return to your regularly scheduled thread-jack already in progress.

Edit just to make sure you can't get the song out of your head.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      Last edited by watchdog; 12-22-2008, 10:47 AM.
      1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

holy thread-jack! i will not tollerate the jaking of thread-jacks....except this one!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I think the familytruckster was on the HOT ROD Power Tour this year

Comment

Yes, he was. Gotta love LS power.
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

too bad that car isn't legal up here in MN
              What happened here?

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury93 View Post
                Whenever someone rides my ass, I just slow down and grandma it (depending on the car).
                Originally posted by The Famous Lee View Post
                I usually ride my brakes at that point until they either get off my ass or hit it.
                If someone is riding your ass, take a hint, it's probably because they need to get somewhere quickly. Maybe there is a pregnant woman in the car and they are trying to get to the hospital, or who knows what? Just get out of the freakin' way. I can't stand people who poke ass and ride their brakes like that just because they think it's funny. I also can't stand people who ride in the left lane on the highway going the same exact speed as the cars in the right lane. The left lane is for faster moving traffic. If I'm running late for work, and you're pokein' in the left lane, damn right I'm going to be all over your a$$ with the brights on. Just get out of the way! :nonono:

Comment

Originally posted by 89Merc View Post
                  If someone is riding your ass, take a hint, it's probably because they need to get somewhere quickly. Maybe there is a pregnant woman in the car and they are trying to get to the hospital, or who knows what? Just get out of the freakin' way. I can't stand people who poke ass and ride their brakes like that just because they think it's funny. I also can't stand people who ride in the left lane on the highway going the same exact speed as the cars in the right lane. The left lane is for faster moving traffic. If I'm running late for work, and you're pokein' in the left lane, damn right I'm going to be all over your a$$ with the brights on. Just get out of the way! :nonono:
                  If I'm going well over the speed limit, and you come roaring up behind me, while I am overtaking a slowpoke in the right lane, you can wait till I get done passing. I won't take any longer than I need to. (unless the goober in the right lane decides to match speeds, in which case it may take a bit longer.)

Before you position yourself a couple of feet off my back bumper, you really should realize a few things.

#1 My daily driver is a heavily loaded ton truck, which belongs to my employer. I try to take care of them but nobody cares what they look like after they reach 100k miles... (hint, my truck has 150k on it, and it already has a few battle scars)

#2 I'm getting paid by the hour, and I'm bored. If you act like a big enough jerk, you will become my sole source entertainment for the next few miles.

#3 Unless your ride has blue lights, or the turret/cannon from an M1 I am not going to be intimidated.

#4 If for some strange reason I really do have to apply my brakes suddenly, it is going to be written up as your fault. That's only fair, because 6" is NOT a safe following distance.

#5 My truck drives just fine with the rear bumper jammed up against the spare tire.

#6 Your vehicle doesn't perform well with the radiator flattened against the engine block.

#7 I probably have more ground clearance than you... items laying in the road are bigger than they appear.

The list could go on, but I am tired and I doubt anyone will be overly impressed with it anyway.

The bottom line is this, things go both ways. If you are in such a huge hurry to get to work, that you endanger yourself and others in an attempt to get someone to speed up, your priorities are out of order. Get up 15 minutes earlier and it's amazing how you can actually get to work on time.
                  Last edited by GoodSamaritan; 12-24-2008, 01:03 AM.
                  Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                  AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                  Open/Lock/Ratio #
                  -----------------------
                  G / H / 2.26
                  B / C / 2.47
                  8 / M / 2.73
                  7 / - / 3.07
                  Y / Z / 3.08
                  4 / D / 3.42
                  F / R / 3.45
                  5 / E / 3.27
                  6 / W / 3.73
                  2 / K / 3.55
                  A / - / 3.63
                  J / - / 3.85

Comment

When I drive, I'm doing the speed limit. Maybe I'll do 5 above sometimes. It's when people are on my bumper when I'm doing 30 in a 25 that I get pissed off. I'll look in the rearview mirror to see if I can tell what the driver is up to. Usually the guy or girl has a calm expression and is chatting away on the cell phone. There just isn't a reason for that. Less than a foot away from my bumper and on the phone? If they can talk on their phone and drive, I can drive like a grandpa in my grandpa car.
                    1998 Crown Victoria P71: Former National Institiute of Health vehicle
                    1974 VW Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by crown vic muscle View Post
                      too bad that car isn't legal up here in MN
                      Why not?
                      1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

If someone is riding your ass, take a hint, it's probably because they need to get somewhere quickly. Maybe there is a pregnant woman in the car and they are trying to get to the hospital, or who knows what? Just get out of the freakin' way.
                        FWIW me and some buddies used to transport test vehicles to and from the manufacturer ranges, we'd fly as a convoy at speeds well over the posted legal limit yet we'd never tailgate other drivers, and we'd never tailgate each other either - been told we were the fastest transports in years, no matter weather conditions, yet all our traffic violation citations combined still equaled zero. Also, if I'm the transport of a person that needs to get to the hospital, I'll be in the far left lane, emergency flashers on, all lights on, and flying as fast as the road conditions allow me to. In case of a jackass slow driver in front of me, the shoulder could be my passing lane. Really if you know how to drive there's absolutely no excuse for tailgating, and if you don't realize that you shouldn't be out on the road in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by smoke'n'rattle View Post
                          FWIW me and some buddies used to transport test vehicles to and from the manufacturer ranges, we'd fly as a convoy at speeds well over the posted legal limit yet we'd never tailgate other drivers, and we'd never tailgate each other either - been told we were the fastest transports in years, no matter weather conditions, yet all our traffic violation citations combined still equaled zero. Also, if I'm the transport of a person that needs to get to the hospital, I'll be in the far left lane, emergency flashers on, all lights on, and flying as fast as the road conditions allow me to. In case of a jackass slow driver in front of me, the shoulder could be my passing lane. Really if you know how to drive there's absolutely no excuse for tailgating, and if you don't realize that you shouldn't be out on the road in the first place.

+ a million!

There is only one reason to tailgate, but involves a tow truck...
                          Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                          AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                          Open/Lock/Ratio #
                          -----------------------
                          G / H / 2.26
                          B / C / 2.47
                          8 / M / 2.73
                          7 / - / 3.07
                          Y / Z / 3.08
                          4 / D / 3.42
                          F / R / 3.45
                          5 / E / 3.27
                          6 / W / 3.73
                          2 / K / 3.55
                          A / - / 3.63
                          J / - / 3.85

Comment

If you ride my ass, I'd be slowing down too. Come up behind me with your brights on and whatever you want. I regularly do 5-10 over the speed limit, and once your headlights disappear from my rearview, you can bet my speed's dropping. And yes, I think it's funny as Hell, and if you're still on my ass, I ain't goin' any faster. In such a damn hurry you think everyone should make way for you?

If you're running late to work, that's your own problem, do you expect the traffic to part and let you through? How many other people on the road do you think are pressing the clock like you? Take your time and keep your distance. Would you rather get to work safe and sound or never arrive because you found yourself in the rear end of the car you were tailgating?

The left lane is also a "passing lane." It doesn't technically allow speeding. In some places, you can get pulled over for cruising in the left lane. It ain't your ticket outta one. If you're doing the speed limit, you're allowed in the left lane.

sigpic
                            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Yeah, so explain the dumb bitch that rides my ass a foot off the bumper, I slow down in all the passing zones so she can pass, and eventually just stop to try and get her to pass.... and she just stops behind me...

Tailgaiting is stupid and dangerous. I don't care how much of a hurry you are in. Guess what, everyone else needs to be somewhere too.

I remember this asshole that drove up a median and tried cutting in front of me at a very congested spot in DC. He said" I gotta go pick up my kid" I replied, "where the fuck do you think I'm going!" At the same spot a stupid woman was doing the same thing and ran right into this jeeps door. And she was blaming him for it! People need to realize everyone is in the same boat and show some respect, including the idiots doing 10 under the limit in the fast lane.
                              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I really hate people that pass me but then slow down after they do. What the fuck did that accomplish?!

Comment

Working...
                                X