Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{FUEL/EXHAUST}Fuel Line Options?

Hello Everyone!

This past sunday I noticed one of my fuel lines has a leak of some sort. What would be some safe cost effictive ways to fix this problem?

Any advice would be appericated. Thanks.

You really should just replace them, to be safe.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Thats what I was thinking. Cost is partly a concern.

Comment

I know how that is, but something like that you really shouldn't cheap fix. Is it too bad that you couldn't save up for the job?
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Today I had to spend 106 bucks on getting 2 new front tires for my 91 Tercel a.k.a my beater. And thats not the worst part yet. I get home to see if I can locate my fuel leak, and guess f**kin what! I got 3 fuel injectors on one side of the engine leaking and at least 2 others on the other side. The entire injector is soaked with fuel. So I don't know what my options are now.

Comment

Check to see that the fuel rail bolts are tight. If they are loose, the fuel pressure could push the end of the injector out of the fuel rail. Other than that, the O-Rings are probably fucked, but are inexpensive to replace. Injectors rarely fail, so the O-Rings are highly suspect.

This needs to be addressed immediatly, before you drive it again. There is a chance of an engine fire if you drive it in this condition.

I feel your pain man, I don't have a whole lot of money to work with either, so I try to stretch it when I can. Good luck dude.

Oh, and you don't need to sensor yourself here. You can say whatever you want. :rock:
            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Thats a good point to check out the fuel rails. I'll have to take a look at that. But if they were loose why is only 3 of 4 on one side soaked. I have one in the middle thats not soaked.

I can check the rail but I doubt thats the problem.

Comment

D'OH!

I just went back and reread. My bad.

Then it is probably the O-Rings.
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Yea I just got back in from checking the fuel rails, it's not them. If it is the o-rings then it's not worth replacing 'em. I would be better off using the car as a trade in for a 01 or 02 panther.

Comment

If you have the funds for a new car purchase... then go for it I guess. I thought you said the cost of fuel lines was a concern though.

Comment

o-rings are cheap, just time consuming to install.
                      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

I thought at first my fuel lines were leaking. But I inspected the car more closely and found that I've got several injectors leaking. The fuel lines are alright no leaks there.

Comment

CVN is f**ked up again tonight. I think I'll take the car in to get checked out and if it is the o-rings for sure, which seems from what everyone is telling me. So my x-mas gift will be getting the car fixed and getting the 3G alternator I have put on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobert2647
                            If it is the o-rings then it's not worth replacing 'em. I would be better off using the car as a trade in for a 01 or 02 panther.
                            dude! O-rings are NOT that hard or expensive to pay to have replaced.

the whole fuel rail comes off to allow the injectors to be removed, and the o-rings just pop off and back on. Should be no more than about a $100-$150 fix.
                            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yea I know I now plan on having them replaced. I realized that it would be a waste to spend the money on getting the shit I need to do the 3G conversion and not do it. I'll have it fixed soon though.

Comment

Working...
                              X