No announcement yet.

{FUEL/EXHAUST}Fuel Line Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone think that the fuel rails could be a problem to?

Comment

not much can really go wrong with a fuel rail, except if the bolts that keep them tight come loose.
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Ok my dad checked with some dude at the auto parts store and they told him that Fords are known for fuel rail leaks. I think the guy was full of it. How would both fuel rails have leaks to start when one is nearly completely covered by the upper intake plennum?

If it is the fuel rails I would want to replace the o-rings anyway to save myself the hassle later.

Comment

I took another close look at the o-rings and the injectors as I started it up again today. There is a small leak on a few of the o-rings. And it's also leaking out where the electrical connector connects to the injector where it goes from the plastic to metal is leaking out the seam there.

Comment

go to napa and get 8 injector repair kits......each kit has 2 o rings, the plactic washer, and a pintile cap........i paid less than 20 dollars for 8 kits
            i will get everybody the part number tommorow
            scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

The thing is I don't think you can just take apart the injector itself.

Comment

Just for kicks and giggles what PSI are the stock injectors are in the stock 150hp 5.0 MPFI's?

I heard it was 12...

Comment

14 psi...
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

looks like I found the one's I need.

Comment

Just realized accel also makes an 8 pack on injectors in the 14psi. That would save me 170 bucks!

Later research reveals that they will work just fine. I can't wait to br driving my baby again.

Comment

Working...
                      X