Pass side fuel line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pass side fuel line

My pass side fuel line decided to break and lost a full tank of gas. Anyone know where to buy one or would it have to custom made? Also if anyone has a spare fuel rail they’re selling, I’ll buy it thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made a set of lines for my 88. Used the original end pieces near the pump, filter, and fuel rails. I used compression fittings and sections of steel line from the parts store. Someone here said there is something better than compression fittings to use but I can't remember what they said. I'd use nicopp line if I had it to do over again.

Edit: in a pinch, use can use rubber hose to patch up what you have.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

The end pieces on the fuel rail/line side are frozen together and that’s where it broke. That’s why I’m also looking for a fuel rail. Finding a fuel rail isn’t too hard or even going aftermarket isn’t a big deal, it’s the line i can’t find anywhere. Been looking at them fancy fuel rail with the an fittings but not sure how I’d run that all the way to the filter

Comment

don't think anyone sells this pre-made. Passenger side is the feed line too, so if you use rubber make sure its pressure rated. Or just dump all the steel and use plastic, that will work fine too. I would absolutely not run that entire length in rubber though.

If you do it in plastic, you can use the fittings down by the frame. In stock form it transitions from metal to plastic to run from frame to engine, then back to metal to run up the side of the engine. Just unhook that down low, cut the original plastic off, and attach the new plastic to the original fitting.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Interesting, I didn’t know it wasn’t a one straight line to the filter. Imma go down there and see if I can take it off. I think there’s a shop nearby that can make a hose

Comment

plastic flex from tank to a steel line up above the tank. Metal from there to down near the filter. Plastic from there to the filter. Plastic from the other side of the filter to steel up to the front. Plastic from front frame to steel line up the side of the engine. Through the fuel rail and it's two plastic sections that join side to side, and the return trip is pretty much a mirror of the feed side except no fuel filter.

l
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X