B pillar wind noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B pillar wind noise

I noticed my tudor has quite a bit of wind noise on the highway in the b-pillar area. I realize that it's a brick driving down the road so aerodynamics are trash but I don't recall this much noise in my 89' sedan. Do you guys that have tudors notice the same thing?

I'm fighting the same thing on my MGM. Can't speak for coupes though.
    As per my RR thread, I've installed a new window run channel for the driver door and I'm waiting for new strikers with intact bushings. The striker bushings might make the biggest difference as the doors will finally sit snug and not move around.
    If these things won't satisfy my quiet-needs, I might take a chance with those stainless wind guides / vent shades.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Had issues on the Towncar, the door seal up at the top corner had gone flat. Also had problems when the door hinges were not adjusted right and causing a gap up top. If your door is right, might be able to sort it by feeding a small vacuum hose up inside the round hollow part of the door seal. I fixed my old Mark VII that way. Had to cut a small hole in the seal and butter up the vacuum hose with silicone grease to make it go, but it stiffened up the seal enough to work again.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I took the car out for 4 hrs today and did not notice anything. Included mainly highway driving 75mph+.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Wait... Wind noise isn't a normal thing for these body style cars? I always thought it was and people just ignored it back in the day. All of my older style "square body" rides have wind noise. I thought door seals were more so only for keeping water out when it rains and what not...
          1987 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series-102k miles- LOPO 302, AOD, open 3.27, Dual exhaust w/ Thrush Turbo mufflers

Comment

there is wind noise and there is excessive wind noise. They're not as quiet as the round cars but if the seals are damaged or something else isn't right it gets a lot louder. Gaps in the seals let in a lot more wind noise.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

LoL yeah I think the wind noise beyond 70mph is a safety feature included at no extra charge

My car is ultra quiet below 60. I do butter up the weather stripping twice a year with aerospace 303 stuff.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I don't feel any wind or air coming into the cabin if I run my hand along the seals. It just sounds like air is getting in between the door and the b pillar and makes noise.

Comment

yeah mine wasn't blowing air in, but the seal was flat enough that it was noisy. Mostly around the top rear corner. If your seal has no spring to it that might be why.

Comment

Working...
                  X