Georgia Listings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Georgia Listings

Figured since every so often I stumble across something vaguely interesting on Craigslist, it would be more suitable just to stick things in a single thread.

Anyway, here's a 1976 Ford LTD wagon (non-Country Squire): https://athensga.craigslist.org/cto/6094980488.html

FWIW, the price isn't terrible considering the interior doesn't look torn up and the engine cranks up; given it has no serious rust issues.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Not too many left. It has very few options. No roof rack.

Comment

https://savannah.craigslist.org/cto/6169861885.html

'84 LTD CV - Interesting two tone setup. Seems to be a really basic car including the fact it's a slick top setup. Has 15" lacy spoke wheels from the Aero era.

My Cars:
      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

https://augusta.craigslist.org/cto/6192421056.html

Looks like some old police Boxes and Aeros are up for cheap. However, cheap doesn't mean great in this case. If the Boxes marked are legitimate 351 cars, it's a surprising amount to see at one time.

My Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
          https://augusta.craigslist.org/cto/6192421056.html

Looks like some old police Boxes and Aeros are up for cheap. However, cheap doesn't mean great in this case. If the Boxes marked are legitimate 351 cars, it's a surprising amount to see at one time.
          Blue/black 91 (dash looks pre90 though) is an oddball with granny trim and vinyl top. Vent windows and vent shades too. Does have the left exhaust pipe so could be a 351 car. Unusual at that.

Wonder why the seller collected them all? And wonder if the buyer will be a demolition man.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

No clear corners either. I didn't notice the dash before but I think you're right, it looks like a pre '90 dash to me now that you pointed it out.
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Found this LTD Crown Victoria wagon: https://augusta.craigslist.org/cto/d...250755905.html

First listing was at $2500 13 days ago, and they keep relisting it with a lower price. Stripper model for sure, but if it's not rusty, it would be a good candidate to get cleaned up.

My Cars:

Comment

Not a GA listing, but instead an eBay find: 1979 Mercury Marquis

Seems to be low on options. It has A/C and cruise. I'm not sure of what material Ford was using for steering wheels around that time, but that wheel looks like it'll fall apart if you look at it wrong.

My Cars:

Comment

My 82 had that hard plastic steering wheel. I think that was the last year. They still have a steel core so they are stronger than they look but just look at the cruise buttons wrong and they'll explode plastic bits.

So many 79 unique features good and bad. The steering column trim is black? That may be one of my non favorite parts.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Clean Mercury. Being sold by a dealer. Very low optioned but has ATC. Too bad it is a 79. I hate that year. Problems, problems, problems.

Comment

I like the little scrollwork on the door panels, but honestly I dislike those tail lights immensely. The black column cover looks out of place too. I have the same thoughts about the 85 Towncar and the black lower part of the dash.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The black cover was the replacement from Ford. The covers became brittle. I went through two or three of them on my 82.
                        I had a"mechanic" break one when replacing a combo switch. The shop bought me a new one. I painted it red.
                        The auction on the 79 Merc. ended today.

Comment

https://macon.craigslist.org/cto/d/1...300758907.html

351 powered LTD CV. This thing has things wrong that aren't that obvious. I see a missing A/C compressor but the lines are there along with a heater line that just loops back. It also doesn't look like a proper police package car unless someone swapped the speedometer since it only goes to 85 MPH, but has all the other little features. Maybe it was a taxi package or some HD variation? It's just unusual since it's a slick top, has basic cloth non-split bench seats, and rubber floor mats, but carries power windows, cruise control, and interval wipers.

My Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
                            https://macon.craigslist.org/cto/d/1...300758907.html

351 powered LTD CV. This thing has things wrong that aren't that obvious. I see a missing A/C compressor but the lines are there along with a heater line that just loops back. It also doesn't look like a proper police package car unless someone swapped the speedometer since it only goes to 85 MPH, but has all the other little features. Maybe it was a taxi package or some HD variation? It's just unusual since it's a slick top, has basic cloth non-split bench seats, and rubber floor mats, but carries power windows, cruise control, and interval wipers.
                            Bypassed heater core and missing A/C compressor but rest of system present both speak to the mechanical aptitude of the person who's been maintaining this for the last little while.

Love the vacuum line looped back on the air temperature valve thing on the air cleaner (it's like a mechanical temperature sensor, passes vacuum or blocks it based on temp, and capping it off achieves nothing because it isn't a vacuum source).

Ported vacuum switch (on the t-stat housing) has no lines hooked up to it.

I'm sure there's a lot of fun going on in that car.

Current driver: Ranger
                            Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                            | 88 TC | 91 GM
                            Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                            Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                            | Junkyards

Comment

That is a weird combo. Rubber mat but high line door panels? The 351 was only a police thing in the states by that time, so it had to be police or maybe an import from Canada? Or Mexico, they got some weird stuff down there. I'm voting speedo replacement either way. I bet it's got police suspension. If not, it's a freak or a combination of two cars.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Working...
                              X