Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floor Mounted Cup Holder

Hi

A few months ago I bought my first Lincoln Town Car, a 2001, and we love it. The only thing we really missed was a good solid cup holder. After looking around at what was available I decided to build one. It includes 2 cigarette light outlets for phone charging and a phone slot. Another plus is that with the wireless phone charger/holder I can use my phone for navigation. We liked it so much that I thought others might want them. They are now available on our website http://elwoodindustries.com/Town_Car_Cup_Holder.html

Although I haven't tried it it should also fit the Crown Vic and Grand Marquis.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LTC_cup_hold_1_w.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	340.0 KB
ID:	1305189
    Click image for larger version

Name:	LTC_cup_hold_2_w.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	311.0 KB
ID:	1305190

Great stuff. Will it fit a box panther, i.e. an '89?

Comment

1989 thanks for looking.

If you want to measure the height and width of your tunnel right in front of the seat and about 7.5" forward I can compare it to the 98+. Our cup holder is a custom fit for 98+ and the driver side leg is at a different angle than the passenger side to fit the tunnel. Your tunnel might be close or close enough. I've spent plenty of time under the car but I never made note of why the tunnel is wider on the drivers side but it might be the shift linkage.

If they don't fit and there's enough interest in cup holders for the earlier models I'll be happy to make them, if I can find a car to use as a pattern.
      Last edited by BobE; 02-14-2020, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Great idea, there is definitely a marked for practical and good looking floor consoles... I was also missing cupholders on my 88 TC and so I built something for myself, just without power outlet:

What material you took for your cup holder?
        1988 Lincoln Town Car
        1975 Lincoln Continental Mark IV

Comment

Working...
        X