Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17" Mopar steelies

whats the deal???

I have a set I can claim if they work... they sure fit well but I keep hearing this stuff about the bolt pattern being slightly different and causing problems :confused:
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

If they fit, they fit...

Ford is 5x114.3... The mopar is 5x115 That's pretty damn close....
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

usually ford and chryslers will interchange wheels without issue. not always but usually. the center hub hole may be different. try it is all i can say.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ditto, Some things you just have to try out and if it don't work out then put them up for sale on craigs list then.
        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

my 84 vic had mopar cop steelies on it......i do believe mopar rims fit panthers but not vs versa

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I put the Mopar cop rallye wheels on my '88 P72... those are nice wheels. No rubbing, and no fit issues at all.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

My slots came off a 70's Dodge van.
              1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
              1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
              1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Nathan in MN is running at least one Mopar wheel on his '89 P72. In the catalogs Mopar wheels are usually just listed as 5 on 4-1/2. If it really is 115mm and not 114.3, I doubt the extra 0.7mm will make much difference.

What are the other dimensions of said wheels? Are the width and backspacing appropriate to your chassis?
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Yeah, my rear wheels are Mopar 15x7s. I can tell you that older Ford and Chrysler wheels interchange (Scott--Ford wheels fit Chrysler products just fine, it's not just the other way around), but I have no idea on the new stuff. Being that the LX platform (I'm assuming that's what the wheels in question are from?) is fairly new, it could easily be totally different from traditional Chrysler stuff.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                  1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                  But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                    (Scott--Ford wheels fit Chrysler products just fine, it's not just the other way around)
                    What's the deal with this? Are typical Chrysler outer hubs smaller in diameter?

Comment

Not that I know of. Ford wheels fit Chryslers and Chrysler wheels fit Fords. Only real difference that I've noticed is that the circle for the dog dish hubcaps is smaller on Chrysler wheels. Hard to tell the difference between 'em other than that.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Needs trim rings.
                        Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                        Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                          Not that I know of. Ford wheels fit Chryslers and Chrysler wheels fit Fords. Only real difference that I've noticed is that the circle for the dog dish hubcaps is smaller on Chrysler wheels. Hard to tell the difference between 'em other than that.
                          Whoops, I misread your post!

Smaller dogdishes sounds good as long as they're plain or otherwise visually Ford-compatible. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                            Needs trim rings.
                            No it doesn't. Those are the wheels I had on my '88. They are beautiful as is, and get too "cluttered" with trim rings.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                              Whoops, I misread your post!

Smaller dogdishes sounds good as long as they're plain or otherwise visually Ford-compatible. :p
                              I've got about 2 sets (maybe 2 and a half) of first-gen Valiants that don't have any Chrysler insignia on 'em. Could use those, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                              X