Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mah 1985 lincoln townkah! *DUW*

History:

My grandfather bought this 1985 LTC about 5 years ago, for the low low price of $550 dollars. He then spent the next 4 years, and over $2000 trying to get it to run right. It still does not run right. It does however, have a fresh 302 V8 , and AOD transmission in it, installed before my grandfather bought it.

My grandfather died on Febuary 16th, 2004. Before he died, we wanted me to have the lincoln, and fix it up. And so I am, plus I am doing engine mods and such too, cuz the CFI sucks.

Thats pretty much it. I wish I had more, but I will be adding more history to it as I drive it for many years.
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

nice lookin TC. its also nice that theres sentimental value to you in the car. like i have with Christine
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Well, it aint gonna be long before we got it goin good!
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I just stumbled upon this thread in here, decided to update this instead of making a new thread on the GL. So here 'tis.

I love my waffle grill. It is the best. I know everyone here agrees.

You can see the hitch on GL's huge ass, I used it once, it's neat.

GL has the usual battle scars of a car that wasn't taken care of in the past. Dents from car doors, chipped paint from fuckers running their carts into him at the grocery store, shit like that.

Cracked plastic peices, paint from god knows where, I managed to scrape all the paint off of the bumper, it looked (at the time) to be latex paint or something, I ain't gonna think about what happened any more lol

The ol yellowed and cracked lenses. Ewww.

The vinyl top has taken damage over the years, being on the coast has caused mildew to grow in places it shouldn't be.

Some genious in the past decided that bathroom caulk would be a good idea to seal the vinyl on the back glass up with. Unfortunately it looks like shit, and they even managed to get caulk all over the window. Maybe if Bob Vila had been there to assist it would have turned out better.

Ahh, the old fucked up door panel. The speaker grill keeps falling off, my dad catches it with his foot every time I put it back on.

The gauge setup. I'm gonna make a better one eventually, this has worked good for the last year or so.

Tach's have little use in a car with an automatic, but hey, it looks cool!

At least the seats are in good shape.

As you can tell, most of the work that has been done is under the hood lol

headers are neat.

What is that cylinder thingy called? Oh yeah, a coil. What's it doing on an 85 Towncar? I don't know.

You can't see it, but there is a trans cooler in the shadows there. Well, you can see the lines running to it. My grandpa put that in so he could tow his 23' trailer.

So, that is the GL, my #1 favorite box. More pics to come, some sexy shots, and others.
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Nice car mang. Sure it's gonna take a little work to get perfect, but when you're done you'll have something much more important than a car.

I can't wait to see it done.

Comment

Cars with sentimental value rule.
            Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

One trick box, if I do say so myself

Looks good, mang! I think the seats are in better condition than I originally thought...
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Are these pics of it now back in your possesion? Dad have the tempo now? Good to see GL again.
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

That is still a pimpin lincoln. No rust it looks like though which is a HUGE plus. The engine looks kickass!
                  2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
                    Are these pics of it now back in your possesion? Dad have the tempo now? Good to see GL again.
                    I took these pics yesterday, my uncle is doing the paperwork to get the tempo signed over to my dad, I should have GL back before febuary!!!!!!
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

I gotta get your address and send you a care package sometime. I think I have a set of decent lenses sitting around somewhere. I know I have at least one thats in good shape and making that a pair shouldn't be a problem.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Since I won PoTM this month, I figured it was time for a few pics and the vids I posted before. Will soon get more pics. Enjoy!

http://www.grandmarq.net/jonpics/glvids/Movie.wmv

http://www.grandmarq.net/jonpics/glvids/movie1.wmv

http://www.grandmarq.net/jonpics/glvids/movie3.wmv
                        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

you want some nice front lenses mang Im gonna get you some
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Congrats on POTM man, the linc is looking good

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                            1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                            1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

How does your 2150 do? I tried to buy one on eBay with the provision for the AOD, but someone wanted it more than me. I wasn't gonna pay $50 for a 2-bbl carb that needed rebuilt.
                              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                              X