Another guy looking for a rear sway bar for early box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another guy looking for a rear sway bar for early box

Still looking. Getting ready to do rear control arm bushings, so it's the perfect time.
    Thanks.
    All FORD All The Time

Where'd ya find the control arms bushings? RockAuto doesn't have them for '85 and I don't know where else to look as an international customer...
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

I think energy suspension 4.3151G (black) or 4.3151R (red) is the one to use. IIRC, the control arms are the same up to 97 as far as bushing size goes.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

We had a discussion pretty recently about fabricating a bracket out of angle iron to attach to the rear control arms and allow you to bolt a later model bar in with some creative hardware. 80’s PI rear sway bars seem to be rare as hen’s teeth these days. We may have to start getting creative.
        '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Will you settle for the smaller version or must it be the PI?

I run across the smaller ones every so often. None on hand currently (but I let two go to the crusher on the last two boxes that hit the local junkyard).
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I picked up the ADTR control arms, and installing the sway at the same time would be perfect.
            I'd go for any sway currently as the invisible version I have is not meeting my needs..
            All FORD All The Time

Comment

Bump.
              Still looking for a rear sway.
              All FORD All The Time

Comment

Working...
              X