Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVT Vic (NEW HEADERS! - Updated: 10/10/06)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice I like it alot.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

You did some great work. Your car is one of my favorites. :thumbsup:

Comment

I got a couple new used parts for the Vic on today. First is the license plate light holder that I got from monterey1962. Second is a speedometer cluster trim bezel that I got from WagonMan.

Here are some before and after pics...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 10-11-2006, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Just adding to my ride post...

Well I got a pair of fog lights and installed them this weekend. Was very simple to do. $45 for everything that was needed to have the lights, and another $25 to correct my "accident" with the grill :cuss: The lights come with everything needed to install them, including the mounting hardware, wires, dash switch, and the remote.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 10-11-2006, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Holy crap, that looks awesome. Hey, your "mistake" isn't bad. Looks like a larger light would look good in that hole.

Comment

Originally posted by monterey1962
              Holy crap, that looks awesome. Hey, your "mistake" isn't bad. Looks like a larger light would look good in that hole.
              Yeah, but on the other side you would have to cut up the ford emblem mount to get the same size whole. If anyone wants it they better speak up fast, cuz it's going with the trash this coming week.

Comment

New pics of the Vic, post fog light install.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 10-11-2006, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Updating with the new wheels!!!! I've been waiting ove 6 years to see my car look like this! Enjoy!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 10-11-2006, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Good lord thats sexy

You will enjoy the yokohamas, im sure. And they look GREAT!
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

WOW! That is all I can say. It looks wonderful!!!!!!!!!!
                      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Just adding the updated pics...

At school the other day, early as usual and no one esle was in the garage yet so I took a couple of pics. And the other pics I took as I was leaving work today and that thing was just hanging in the air, so I pulled over and took some pics....
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 10-11-2006, 04:34 PM.

Comment

ooh awesome those are really cool.

Comment

Got some hammers on that thing now. That's is the only way to do it.

Hmm wonder how those would look on the linc?

Put together nicely man.

Comment

Updating with the pics of all my new speakers.

So I replaced/upgraded my 6x9s yesterday. Cadence CWM69, 150watts RMS, 300 watts Max, 3 ways, aluminum cones, with a 40oz magnet. Sound very nice! And the base is even better. I may be using the good one of my old seakers as a woofer soon, thinking of relocating the spare and putting an eclosed 6X9 on the middle of the shelf....

All pics for rear speakers are here.
                              All pics for front speakers are here.

And for the front....

Well, home for thanksgiving, so I'm installing my component speaker system. Started working on it and found the old speakers that my Dad put in the door many years ago. They had become glued to the door hehe. It was then that I found out the bad news. The whole in the door is for a 5-1/4" speakers not a 6.5". But I'm still putting them in there anyways, because just happens that my speakers have a 2nd ridge in the frame that sits on flat Lucky again because if this did not happen, and the speaker went all the way in, then it would have interfeared with the window when rolled down. But again not an issue for mua. Lots are probobly asking, "why don't you use the fatory speaker grills?" I hate them, I think they are out of place, way more so than what I am doing.

Anyways. Speakers are again Cadence. They are 6.5" component systme speakers with 1" tweeter. 6.5" is aluminum cone, tweeter is silk soft dome. 20oz magnet structure. 100watt rms (200watt max) each. And let the pics follow!

They are in, and OH MY F***ING LORD!!! I have never in my life been around a car that could make your insides vibrate, withoug using a subwoofer. I even made a vid of the front speakers.

Video (3.2mb)
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 10-11-2006, 04:41 PM.

Comment

My only question, why the crossovers on the outside of the door panel? And where did you end up putting the EQ? I'd like to pick one up for my car. i think it would give the regular currently unamped speakers a nice boost.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X