Lincoln Crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lincoln Crank

Hey guys, just wondering if you could tell me whether the crank from a '94 Mark VIII is forged, or cast? Am planning on S/C so I need to know what I've got to start with. I'm assuming that the stock rods are powdered metal, and the stock pistons are of the hypereutectic variety. I know my block is aluminum and I thought I had read that the crank was forged steel, but am unsure. Thanks for any info.
    My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

The crank is forged steel.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
    5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by N A
      The crank is forged steel.
      I'm not saying that I don't think you are right here, but could you post a link or tell me what book has this info? I've been driving myself crazy trying to find out.
      Thanx

Comment

I found the info in the 2003 Ford Racing parts catalog. Try www.markviii.org , they should have more information on the subject.

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Yeah I checked up on the crank on markviii.org and it's apparently cast. Bummer...well I know I need a new crank now...

Comment

Ford got it wrong in their own catalog? I'll try to find the catalog and post the page and info.

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Probably the upgrade crank avaliable from Ford Racing is forged, but the stocker is cast maybe?
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
              X