Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Harvester of Sorrow. Update 2/20/09, Rebirth??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOLY CRAP!!!

The D1VE-6015-A2B block is a very fine block. I know people who have subjected those blocks to over 1000HP with nothing more than a splayed 4-bolt main cap conversion. (Hell, I know people running them in 2-bolt configurations fully blown.) All 2-bolt production 429/460 blocks are pretty much the same as far as structural integrity and horsepower handling capabilities.

Found this on a boating website (what a bad waste of a good engine!)

Now the question is...is this just internet
    Or can this really be? (1000HP on a 2-bolt main!!!)
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Originally posted by blazingmarauder
      Bottles are for babies. Real men get BLOWN!
      Then call me a baby and let the real men get blown in the pocketbook

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
      '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
      '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Take it to the battlefield...

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Actually if a motor can hold up to being blown in a boat and not explode, its damn strong. Marine use is probably some of the more extreme conditions you can subject a motor to. Constant load and always spun up over 3000 rpm even for an easy cruise. Our 30 foot weekend cruiser clocks along with the stock smallblock motors spun up to 3600 rpm for hours on end.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Block is going in to the shop at the end of July. I am reusing the stock crank and rods. All fastners are getting replaced with ARP master stud kit.

New flat-tops and free floating conversion. Stock heads are getting reused until end of this year or early next year. Saving for the Trick Flows!!!

This months purchases:
            Cam (EDL-7167) TC (FRPP M-6268-A460) ARP Main Stud kit (ARP-155-5402)

Comment

OK, call me stupid, but what is a "free floating conversion" ?
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                OK, call me stupid, but what is a "free floating conversion" ?
                Instead of a press-fit wristpin attaching the piston to the connecting rod, you can convert some factory rods with bushings to a "full floating" wristpin style.

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Oh, and ditch those pile of shit heads.

Get some D0 castings, and work from there. Otherwise, you'd be wasting your time!
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Super high compression with those beasts!

Comment

Aftermore research I am going to get these.

(Just go off the phone with one the local Ford guys.. He works here.)

Comment

Still good combustion chambers, compared to the D3 shits you got now....

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                          Actually if a motor can hold up to being blown in a boat and not explode, its damn strong. Marine use is probably some of the more extreme conditions you can subject a motor to. Constant load and always spun up over 3000 rpm even for an easy cruise. Our 30 foot weekend cruiser clocks along with the stock smallblock motors spun up to 3600 rpm for hours on end.
                          The exhaust manifolds must look pretty nice after one of those cruises.
                          Nick
                          88 Colony Park LS
                          G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

At least balence it.

Also, may want to look into dacking the block and heads, because that will yeild you the most compression with those horrible heads.

You want about 9.5-10:1, right?

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon
                              The exhaust manifolds must look pretty nice after one of those cruises.
                              They're water cooled. I can put my hands on them with the motor at full load. They never get over 180 degrees.

Yeah, balance it. Vibration is bad, mmmmkay? Looks like g-ma and g-pa didn't have thier coolant serviced regularly. Those freeze plugs are hardcore rotton. Make sure they remove those and the oil galley plugs when the block gets power washed that way all the garbage gets flushed out.
                              Last edited by gadget73; 07-04-2006, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Oh yea, I am taking it in on a friday or saturday, and gettin them to let it soak all weekend! That outta do it!

Is there any real pluses with going with an aftermarket balancer vs. stocker?
                                Also what about knife-edging the crank? Never done that before, but I hear mixed messages about it. Any first hand experience around here?

Comment

Working...
                                X