No announcement yet.

Headers are in!! DUW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I try it tomorrow, my sis said the sound on it sucks but it shoud give you a decent idea.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Finally finsihed the exhaust for awhile. I decided on Magnaflow Magnapacks. I didnt want flowmasters, and they didnt have the slp's in stock and I was afraid they would be too loud anyway. So I got the stainless magnaflows, they are an awesome deal at $65 a piece. The sound is just amazing, has a nice grumble on idle with the cam I got, and it just screams when you get on it.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

How far off the floor are those pipes? Looks kinda low to me, might just be the angle tho.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

They are a low cause the h pipe hits the crossmember, its too narrow. I havent scraped on anything yet, speed bumps, driveways ect...

Comment

Looks great! I can't tell cause of the light in the pics but are those magnapacks dumped or do you have tailpipes?
            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

No tails, dumped. I used band clamps so they wont crimp the pipe in case I want to add the tails later on.

Comment

The band clamps not only seal better, they look better too.
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis View Post
                  Finally finsihed the exhaust for awhile. I decided on Magnaflow Magnapacks. I didnt want flowmasters, and they didnt have the slp's in stock and I was afraid they would be too loud anyway. So I got the stainless magnaflows, they are an awesome deal at $65 a piece. The sound is just amazing, has a nice grumble on idle with the cam I got, and it just screams when you get on it.

I know, "Holy thread bump Batman!"

I'm looking for exhaust clamps just like those since i'm gonna get a cheap $20 muffler and turndown until I can afford a new Magnaflow or Dynomax and to have my tails all welded in. So far all I have found are u-bolt clamps and I just don't trust those to hold well. Where did you get those, at a parts store or did you order them?
                  88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                  Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

summitracing.com They are called band clamps.
                    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

The U-bolt clamps actually hold quite well, but as Pete mentioned, they make it tough to get the system apart later if you need to do so.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Working...
                      X