Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVt Vic (The on-going project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blaze's 86 SVt Vic (The on-going project)

This is now my on-going project thread as my original is too outdated, and way too long.

1986 SVT Crown Victoria (born 11/85)
    1/4 mile 15.7 @ 87mph on 11/13/2005
    Made possible by...Ford Racing Performance Parts, MSD, Dynomax, DMH Performance, Detroit Locker, Yukon Gear, B&M, Crane Cams, Comp Cams, QA1, Tru-Coil, Energy Suspensions, Yokohama, Western Wheels, American Racing, Auto Meter, APC, JVC, Power Acoustik, Cadence Sound, and Creative.

The above I think covers all the brands of aftermarket parts used, i think, either way it's pretty all enclusive. I have not been back to the track since I installed my wide ratio race transmission.

The first thing that should be noted is that since the car has been in the family (about 14 years ago) 99.9% of all work and modding done to this car was done by my Father or I only. After the engine swap all other modifications I have done with the invaluable help of my Father. None of this would have happened if not for him. Absolutely no one has ever put a wrench to this car besides me or my Father, unless they were helping one of us do something (like "hold that bolt for me"). And the only other exception to this is having my tires mounted. This has also ended. I will have someone mount my tires, but I install them on the car exclusively now.

This is my work in progress page here, and there are far more and better pics on this endless thread. However it is several pages long with many comments and discussions mized in.

This is my CarDomain site, the story is here. I also do a good job of keeping this up to date.

This is to an FTP collection of almost all of my images (well over 500) and all are in full resolution. But it is organized like folders, not site format.

This is the page with a collection of my videos that are on Streetfire.net

Here is the second oldest digital pic I have of my Vic. Followed by my most recent picture of her.

And before we get to the mods, lets go ahead and post a few of my more up to date images.

I will overview and summerize the mods, as there are many.

The first mod complete by my father back in the summer of 1996 was a brand new engine from Ford. A 5.0LHO spec for a 94-95 Mustang GT. This install took 4 weeks from start to finish. And no, none of my family is rich. The engine was heavily discounted because he is a Ford Technician. And aside from the engien cost, the total cost of install is under $300.

First is a pic of what it would look like stock:

Now a pic of what it looks like now.

After that not much else was done. But in summer of 1999, the primary keys were ceremonoiusly handed over to me. At that point the fun began. Fist were a different style set of stock aluminum wheels. Then was stereo (as all high schoolers do, as much as I do not like to admit I was like others). I got a JVC Kameleon for my 18th B-day and installed it. I chose this reciever because it is the only one that looks like it belongs in this car. I also upgraded the speakers, and more recently upgraded them all again, as well as install an amp to run them. That is correct, not to run two wastefull overly opressive subs, but to run 2 6X9s and a pair of 6-1/2" component speakers. The amp is a Power Acoustics OV4-600 amplifier, and the speakers are now all Cadence.

Then, because I am a MP3 fiend, I hardwired connections for my MP3 player (THAT IS NOT AN IPOD!). And have never looked back. CDs, Radio, all a thing of the past. I have an on/off slash powe switch for it and a hard wire line input into my stereo. Though I am currently looking to upgrade to a 3.5" HD based in car MP3 player to handle my 13,000+ songs. The wire is run under the carpet now, and it sits perfectly between the seats like it was designed for it.

I took it easy for a while (GF and all), but after a terrible breakup at the climax of our dating life, I was left heart broken, and with a bunch of money that I has saved up for a ring.....I gotta make my self feel better, right? wink Well I did. In one summer, I purchsed the 15X8.5" Western wheels on it now, the Wide Ratio race transmission, 3.55 rear gears, Detroit TruTrac torsion differential, B&M 2800 stall converter, B&M line lock, DMH Eclectric exhaust cut-outs, and made my exhaust. In one summer. Acutally, since the transmission was the only thing I EVER paid someone else to build, it took 9 months to finaly get a working tranny from the dealer. In the end I could have gone with a brand new 6 speed manual convesion, but oh well.

I then did some front end facia mods. One pair of fog lights. And blacked out the middles sections.

I also did a quick restoration on the gas tank, which was in great shape. I did this because I was replacing the fuel pump (just because my original fuel pump had over 250K miles) and had the tank down anyways.

I then did 1.7 ratio Roller Rocker upgrades as well as new valve springs. Along with a few spark system upgrades.

After this I proceded to upgrade my suspension, first with polly sway bar bushings and endlinks. Which by the way, is a well worth upgrade for every car! I then replaced my front srpings with ones that were double the springs rate of the originals. And also just today, replaced my rear springs with a major upgrade in rate. Font going from 440lbs/in to 925lbs/in, and rear going from 175lbs/in to 225lbs/in. In the front I have a pair of QA1 shocks with 7-3 valving (C-R). In the rear, I have air shocks, but am not keeping those, I just haven't yet decided on what to go with.

In the midst of this I also updated my speedometer cluster, and installed a new electric fan. The fan was a freebee! Brand new for a V6 05 Mustang, made some brackets for it, and pluged in with my old connector. A very easy upgrade! The gauges are Autometer Cobalt searies gauges.

Well around spring 06 I purchased a set of ceramic coated headers. 1-5/8" Primaries, 2-1/2" collector. I cleaned up the welds and then they collected dust for 6 months lol. But I finaly put them on and did a gasket match porting job before I did. I was not expecting much if any gain in power, but it has increased my RPM range to over 5400rpm, moving my current top speed (3rd gear) from 115mph to somewhere over 125mph. I am really shocked that it made such a difference.

I upgraded the radiator to an all aluminum 2 row Summit Racing universal radiator. It fit amazingly well. I didn't have to do much modification to get it in position and hooked up. But since there is no integrated tranny cooler I upgraded my auxiliary transmission cooler to a Flex-a-Lite unit. had to make a mounting bracket for one end, but the other used the stock mounting location.

So that is it in a nut shell. I didn't mention everything, but those are the big ones. Hope you enjoyed!
    Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 01-04-2007, 11:05 PM.

Sweet highlight!!!! I love the gauges in the speedo, that was really trick.

So whats ur next mod? I think a black paint job would really set the car off.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

You spelled the word "fiend" wrong. :p

Just messing with you. I wish my car was similar performance wise to yours, lol.
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

I hope for black paint some time soon. But I just have no time. I know I won't be sleeping tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
          I hope for black paint some time soon. But I just have no time.

I know what you mean... My car needs paint pretty bad. If I dont get it done before winter I probably wont drive it to keep it from rusting even more. I cant believe what 1 winter did to my car. Granted I did have shitty doors and fenders, but my 1/4's were perfect and rockers werent to awfull. Now my 1/4s are bubbling and like split at the bottom and the rockers...well they really dont exist any more.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
          My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Wow, the stance looks PERFECT with those springs!!!
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Wow, I think I'm sold on those springs. That's NICE.
              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

One question...how's the ride with those springs?
                Nick
                88 Colony Park LS
                G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Like a new compact car. And I feel 100 times more sure footed at 100mph.

Comment

One car, passed down from father to son, all work done by them, that's love (and very cool btw).

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

Originally posted by 91 LTD
                      One car, passed down from father to son, all work done by them, that's love (and very cool btw).
                      Indeed it is. And none of it would have been possible without his help in everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                        Like a new compact car. And I feel 100 times more sure footed at 100mph.
                        I drove a ZX2 on Sat. night, so comparable to that?
                        Nick
                        88 Colony Park LS
                        G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                        Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

I added a litte video I did of me makin a little tire smoke and going through 1st gear. I let off as it chirped into second gear.....and forgot to stop recording do you'll hear me bable like an idiot lol

http://lunar.gadget73.com/blaze86vic...Burn_Again.ASF

Originally posted by 88MercWagon
                          I drove a ZX2 on Sat. night, so comparable to that?
                          Yeah, but you still feel the weight. Maybe even a little rougher. A heavy car will always be a heavy car. After having it for some time now, I have come to the realization that it is pretty rough. So if you don't really want a rougher ride, it's probably too much. It's like taking all the novocaine away
                          Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 07-29-2006, 04:32 PM.

Comment

You had to load it in .asf, didn't you?
                            2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                            1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                            1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                              You had to load it in .asf, didn't you?
                              Use windows media player....or winamp.....or quicktime....or jukebox.....any questions

It's what my camera records in, but almost all media players have the codec, if not you can just download it.
                              Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 07-29-2006, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X