Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVt Vic (The on-going project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once rode in this doughnut machine.

I really want your manual setup. Trans and all. Hmmm. The difference in wants and needs...
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
      What happened? And do you have good sway bars?
      Basically the rust on the frame came back pretty hard, and I had been chasing an annoying wiring issue that keeps the engine from performing at any part throttle. It idles great, and still roasts the tires at will, but everything in between is rough untill it goes into open loop. Some part of the engine harness has to be the cause, just never had the time to dig into it, and now it's just rotting away.

I have police front and rear anti-sway bars.

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      This car I first saw on car domain even before I had my license, way back ten years ago. It was one of the few that really inspired me. Very sad.
      Statements like this make it very sad indeed. This car has been my focus that pulled me through a lot of hurtles in my life. It has indeed had a full life though.

Comment

Yeah, this thing was the reason that I'm so into the idea of auto cross and road racing my car. So I've been spending all the time building it so that I can do that. Some of your old write ups gave my initial part choice, when I still had a box frame.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

It's definitely a unique feeling going through this, but it still has to be done.

I am going to put together a whole car listing tomorrow as long as the weather holds out enough to take pics. I am only going to run the whole car listing for 2 weeks, before I start parting it out. It could be a good deal on a whole setup, and it would save me a lot of time, so I have to try and see if I can get a fair price for it put together. I'm sure I've got $3500-$4500 worth of parts that I can get out of it disassembled, but I'm only asking $2500. I'll put all the details up tomorrow pending the weather.

Some of the parts are already claimed by a few of the members here, and a couple from other places. So if it doesn't sell, the parts will go to the people who have already claimed them first.

Comment

Sad to hear John like myself your car inspired me to join Gmn in the first place lots of memories looking at all your car domain page

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this mang. I hope you're gonna still be a Panther owner of some kind.
              Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
              Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Sad to hear this, but I understand. Had to get rid of my '53 for almost the same reason. When I first got my mom's CV, I googled 1986 Crown Victoria and your CarDomain page came up. That lead me to GMN and the rest is history.

Packman

Comment

Short, but to the point. A little 2nd gear burnout. This is on 2-1/2 year old gas as well, don't ask me how it runs so well on it. Definitely would benefit power wise with some fresh gas.

Comment

That's what I like to see!

What mufflers are on that thing? Sounds great.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

One of the original muscleboxes!
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

No muffler, just straight out the end of the off-road H-pipe.

Comment

Brings a tear to my eye for multiple reasons. This was one of the most awesome ones built.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The for sale thread is located HERE

And for the sake of completion of the ride thread, here are the final assembled pics.

Thanks for looking.....I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now.....

Comment

Perfect candidate for a 03+ frame swap.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
                              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                              Originally posted by pantera77
                              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                                Perfect candidate for a 03+ frame swap.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
                                Somebody say frame swap?

I'm game.
                                __________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
                                X