Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVt Vic (The on-going project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm towing with 40 series tires...

Pretty sweet. I need to get a trailer. There was a nice race hauler FS down the road awhile back. had the tire carrier and all.

If I ever get my benz done and can afford a trailer and track days, it'll be nice to have two panthers together...
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I'm pretty shocked that I am so excited about turning my once track vehicle into a tow vehicle. It doesn't seem like the coolest thing, but I am almost as excited to tow with it as I was to drive it on the track.

It's a Curt Class III hitch that I got from E-trailers.

Comment

I have a hitch just like yours that I'm gonna put on my car. What is the max load of your hitch?

Comment

WEIGHT CARRYING RATINGS
          GROSS WEIGHT CAPACITY 4000
          TONGUE WEIGHT CAPACITY 400

WEIGHT DISTRIBUTING RATINGS
          GROSS WEIGHT CAPACITY 6000
          TONGUE WEIGHT CAPACITY 600

Comment

very nice! how does she tow?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I'll find out soon. This coming weekend is my first track event with the Celica, and the drive to Summit Point has some good mountain climbing in it so I'll be testing it thoroughly. Trailer + Celica is 3515lbs....but with straps, full tank of gas, and maybe some stuff 3600lbs.
              Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 03-02-2008, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Very nice Johnnie. You do excellent work.
                sigpicVic Videos Here http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...676#post243676
                Vic's Reader's Rides Page http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16917
                Vic's Cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2532949
                1975 Chevy C-10 Cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3371894

Comment

She'll do fine. Dave used his 4 door to tow his 2 door 65 miles without any problems. Tranny started to get a little hot but that was no big deal.

Comment

Im thinking about heading out to summit point for a rally cross with the probe.

Nice tow rig.
                    -Matt
                    1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Well, the towing was fine. Barely ever took it out of 5th gear. Plenty of power and lots of torque. Never took the engine over 3000 rpm and that was pretty much my race from a stop light with my buddy! I started spinning tires so I kept it below 3000, not that it really mattered since his tired GMC Van probably makes like 100hp lol.

Was a little twitchy, probably because I have a little tow out in the front alignment. But I think I'm going to go ahead and get a sway brake and see if that takes care of it.

BTW, the Celica is FAST! Took down the roommate's CRX during my last session, and still had lots of room for improvement!

Comment

I am Drooling over that set up, I wish My Jeep and travel trailer hitched up like that, All I got is anti sway bars for it, No cool load distributing hitch
                        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Oh, and the Vic got 13mpg on the way out there, and 15mpg on the way back.

Comment

Why the hell didn't you let me know you were gonna be out there? I would a driven out to summit!

Sounds like you've got a nice setup now!
                            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I thought I had mentioned it, woops, sorry. Would have been sweet to have you out there!

Correction to the MPG I got 13.5mpg on the way back, I thought 15mpg was pretty hight for towing.

Comment

thats just incredible........ ditto on the top notch install
                                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                                sigpic
                                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                                X